USSC allows Sandy Hook lawsuit against Remington to go forward

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

USSC allows Sandy Hook lawsuit against Remington to go forward

Post by tector »

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/12/77848792 ... to-proceed

This is not a ruling on the merits of the case. But now Remington will have to defend it all the way up from trial, appeals, etc. That is a major, major expense.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I read that they let it go forward because they're waiting the summation of similar cases in the lower courts first. Might also be giving states enough rope to hang themselves with.

We'll see.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
tector

Post by tector »

Skoll wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm I read that they let it go forward because they're waiting the summation of similar cases in the lower courts first. Might also be giving states enough rope to hang themselves with.

We'll see.
Could be, we won't know for like 3 years or more. God help us if the Supreme Court changes for the worse by then.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
joel

Post by joel »

"Now that the U.S. Supreme Court has declined to take up Remington's appeal, the case will return to a lower court in Connecticut."

I don't think that the USSC heard and ruled on the case, it says that the USSC declined to over-rule the Connecticut Supreme Court decision.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

How is this not going to open the biggest Pandora's box EVER?

Are we going to see 1000's of people sueing General Motors because drunks killed people while driving Cadillacs?