When did they know?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

When did they know?

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas ... ailsignout

There has to be a CONSTITUTIONAL way to stop these morons.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted Monday that "we must keep guns out of criminals' hands" — words similar to his remarks that followed another mass shooting in El Paso on Aug. 3, when he said firearms must be kept from "deranged killers." But Abbott, a Republican and avid gun rights supporter, has been noncommittal about tightening Texas gun laws.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

The attack began Saturday afternoon when Texas state troopers tried pulling over a gold car on Interstate 20 for failing to signal a left turn.
Seriously? When/where in the US of A these days does a trooper pull someone over on the INTERSTATE simply for not signalling a turn/lane change? Sounds like they had a BOLO for him and used the lack of signalling as the reason to pull him over, but since it went south they don't want to claim association. If this were the standard in Florida, the FHP would never have time to catch a speeder.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

so the well armed state police let him get away and shoot people.

BRAVO!!!! GOOD JOB
really? the cops couldnt stop the guy from the start? in texas? jesus f'n christ already.... the texas state troopers didnt stop the guy at the start of this? (arent the texas state police some of the most bada$$ motherfukkers out there?)

eh, ill take care of myself folks. this is ridiculous.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:28 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas ... ailsignout

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted Monday that "we must keep guns out of criminals' hands" — words similar to his remarks that followed another mass shooting in El Paso on Aug. 3, when he said firearms must be kept from "deranged killers." But Abbott, a Republican and avid gun rights supporter, has been noncommittal about tightening Texas gun laws.
They need to quit focusing on the instrument used, and focus on the cause.
That, and people just have to accept that if you want to have Liberty you are going to have to live with the fact that you can't stop some crazies from doing bad things.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:15 am
P5 Guy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:28 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas ... ailsignout

That, and people just have to accept that if you want to have Liberty you are going to have to live with the fact that you can't stop some crazies from doing bad things.
Big difference now a days is that they coddle criminals. Back years ago crazies were put down for their actions quickly. Even just decades ago they were locked up. Then along came the new crowd who said we should mainstream them and not place them in controlled care.

Sadly I think we need to get back to the times when we hung people for their crimes quickly and crazy people were actually dealt with. Yeah there were some despicable things done in assylums and we need to learn from that but we can ill afford to let these people loose anymore on society.

But that would show the liberal democrat ideas and policies failed so they just point at the gun being the problem. Too bad most folks do not see that and vote them out!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

They did have a bolo out on him I believe. Shooter had called 911 before the shooting and was talking strangely. Also I believe the employer had called 911 also. Shooter had just been fired from his job.

Oh yeah, go to some of these small towns like Plant City that get some of their income from the tickets they write. They most certainly will stop you for not using your turn signal.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

So.. now it sounds like some members don't want Law Enforcement to enforce traffic ordinances either? Lets all just drive like a bunch of Bunghooglians fresh off the boat. Why should they write someone for blowing through a stop light as long as nobody gets hurt? Why not just let everybody make up their own rules or simply pick and choose which ones they want to observe on any given day? Rules and laws only have meaning if they are consistently and uniformly enforced- the Turnpike or a side street makes no difference. The reality is that we can order a car from a dealership in any color, style, trim package, etc, but try ordering one without turn signals. Or a horn. Or seat belts. Or brake lights. These are very basic safety and communication/signaling devices that are mandatory for a road-legal vehicle here in the USA. They are mandatory because their use is also mandated by law/ordinance here in the USA. Their use keeps you and those around you safer in traffic and allows the communication of your vehicle's intended path instantly so that others can accommodate and plan accordingly. Not using them fucks up traffic, causes accidents and puts innocent people's lives at risk. In my humble opinion, anyone too stupid, distracted or lazy to use them should not be driving a motor vehicle, they should be pushing a shopping cart down the sidewalk. I won't even get going on the concepts of basic social responsibility and being considerate to others in a civilized society- that shit was covered back in 6th grade.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Waldo1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:36 pm So.. now it sounds like some members don't want Law Enforcement to enforce traffic ordinances either?
Calm down and stop reading things into people's statements that aren't supported by their words. No-one has suggested that we stop using turn signals.

You made a huge leap from my observation that it seems odd that a Highway Patrol Trooper would pull someone over on the Interstate simply for failing to use a turn signal. All I said was that it sounds like they had a BOLO for him and used the lack of signalling as the reason to pull him over. In my observations here in Florida, failing to use a turn signal is rarely the sole reason that someone gets pulled over on the Interstate. I made no statement of opinion about the subject - simply an observation.

Unless you somehow interpreted Firemedic2000's comment about Plant City to indicate his support of not using turn signals. We were the only two who mentioned them. Sometimes it is a good idea to chill out and actually re-read what was written before going off on a rant.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

n0rlf wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:59 am
Dr. Dickie wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:15 am

Big difference now a days is that they coddle criminals. Back years ago crazies were put down for their actions quickly. Even just decades ago they were locked up. Then along came the new crowd who said we should mainstream them and not place them in controlled care.

Sadly I think we need to get back to the times when we hung people for their crimes quickly and crazy people were actually dealt with. Yeah there were some despicable things done in assylums and we need to learn from that but we can ill afford to let these people loose anymore on society.

But that would show the liberal democrat ideas and policies failed so they just point at the gun being the problem. Too bad most folks do not see that and vote them out!
I think even worse is the this snowflake crap that they started about 30 years ago. I remember visiting my brother about 25 years ago. He had a young daughter in whatever grade you do simple math. One of her homework was on the refrigerator. I looked at it and notice that about a half dozen problems she had done wrong were not marked wrong. I mentioned this to his wife, and she said, "Oh, they don't want the student to feel bad, so they quit marking the problems wrong after they get so many wrong."
I was floored, What is the point of having them do the work if they do not get correct feedback?
Everyone is a winner, even the loser. So these kids are being raised to basically never know defeat of being wrong. It is no wonder they can't take being "bullied" on the internet. They barely have to interact with other kids, they never have to put up with being teased (LIKE everyone does at that age), then when they are in HS, and some little bit of reality creeps in, they are completely unprepared to handle ANYTHING So, they snap.
I really think the same folks that are complaining that something must be done to stop this, are the same ones who are planting the seeds that lead to this happening. Of course there are always people who are incapable of handling life and snap, but if this is happening more often, then there must be a cause, and it isn't more guns, because I guarantee you, the percentage of the population that own guns is MUCH lower now than in the past.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »