Oldie but a Goodie

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Oldie but a Goodie

Post by P5 Guy »

I wonder if this speech got lost in the server problems?
This guy has the right line of thought, "We are the majority!"
Legislating restrictions on the law abiding never has an effect on crime. Just write more laws the criminal can plea bargain out of makes no sense, yes I know looking for logic in government is worthless.
TACC

Post by TACC »

This speaks very passionately, loved it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:48 am I wonder if this speech got lost in the server problems?
This guy has the right line of thought, "We are the majority!"
Legislating restrictions on the law abiding never has an effect on crime. Just write more laws the criminal can plea bargain out of makes no sense, yes I know looking for logic in government is worthless.
Ah, but the logic is perfect. Grab someone who may have committed some technical violation, and doesn't have a lot of money to buy legal processing. Lean on them, frighten them with three lifetimes in jail, "you're gonna' fry!" But, offer them an out, a plea bargain. The state's attorney gets another conviction in his/her/it's file; need those for promotion or a "great record" to run for office. The more technicalities legislated, the more charges one can bring. What's that in Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"? "You can't control an honest man...."
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

Three felonies a day some say we all commit.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

P5 Guy wrote:
“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

Three felonies a day some say we all commit.