Palm Beach County Shooting Sports Park

Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 pm Update on the new range. I am off and hope to be there.

Who has questions about PB county shooting range?
Come to FSCA general meeting Tuesday February 11 2020 at the Shooting Range and ask Bill Cline ahead of FWC hunter saftey and shooting ranges your questions.
Come early and take a short tour and look what has been done and being done.
FSCA will be cooking some dinner at 6:00 for those who attend this meeting early.
Meeting will start at 7:30.
More info to come @ FSCA FB page.
I will try to make it as well as long as work doesn’t get crazy
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Nice, as of right now i will be there with my son.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Just came back with Cubanstang from there and boy we left impressed with the progress, it’s going to be one of the nicest ranges in the world, I think by June will be ready but the 100 and 200 yards could be ready sooner but at the beginning will only open on the weekends because of the construction traffic.
Looks awesome guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SilentRecon

Post by SilentRecon »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote:Just came back with Cubanstang from there and boy we left impressed with the progress, it’s going to be one of the nicest ranges in the world, I think by June will be ready but the 100 and 200 yards could be ready sooner but at the beginning will only open on the weekends because of the construction traffic.
Looks awesome guys. Image

Yesssssssssssssss. Been waiting for this day for years

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Yea, it was pretty awsome to see how far they have made it. He never mentioned a date of completion but he did mention some dates that they are expecting parts to be done cause if events they have already planned for it lol. I think before the end of this month the pistol and 100 yard range will be open for thr weekends only. This is cause the pbso range is gonna shut down after this month to civilians.

Also, they have an even on may 20th at the trap and skeet area if i am not mistaking. The concrete sidewalks are almost done. Then is just setting up the electronics for it.

The 200 and 300 yards ranges are gonna have electronic drop targets. The system is from Norway. You will have a screen at your station telling you where your shot is and it wil also included the windage and elevation adjustments needed to get on center target. So no thinking lol.

The prices are $15 for the range 25 for trap and skeet area. You can rent a golf cart or bring your own and just pay 5 bucks. They mentioned of making a 3D bow range in the front where the pond is at. I asked about uspsa competitions and things of that nature and that not happening.

Last thing is they made an Olympic trap and skeet "bunker style", 5 of them. You need 4 bunkers to be Olympic quality and ours is a 5. The only other 5 in the country is in Colorado. They already got call to use it but they wont be ready for when they wanted it. This Olympics bunker is something that the county wanted to have there.

It will be open Mon, thur, fri, 8 to 5pm and sat,sun 9 to 5.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

thanks for the update. Sorry I missed your post on the meeting... I would have liked to have been there, darn it.

But, it appears there's no hard date on when the 100 yard range opens, eh?

Honestly, I'm going to miss the PBSO range. It was a great place to shoot and run by some good guys. I hope I like the new range (and the folks running it).
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Well, they said that this would be the last month that the psbo range would be open to civilians. The way he sounded is that they would like to transition to the new range for weekend use. I believe that it will happen or be very close. The pistol and 100 yards are clean and seem that can be used right now as it is, the grass is all cut.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

No metal targets either.

Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Went to the PBSO range today... they just extended their public range date calendar through June. :lol:
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Racer88 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:00 pm Went to the PBSO range today... they just extended their public range date calendar through June. :lol:
Is there a reason for why they did that?