Markham Park limiting hours for range

BerettaRacer

Markham Park limiting hours for range

Post by BerettaRacer »

Just received an email from So Fla Pistol Club that Markham is cutting way back on range time access. Reason has to do with making the park a Covid-19 center.
Now why you would have to limit the range access when only one little section is needed for Covid is beyond me, (sounds political), they've been using a corner of the park for a testing area for a while, and the range is 3/4 of a mile away on the backside of the park.
So, if you were thinking of going for a shoot, better check the hours first.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

Too many cars on route 84 trying to get into the park blocking traffic
TACC

Post by TACC »

I went last week had no problems.
Now the park is being used for vaccinations only, no longer a testing site.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

krimmie

Post by krimmie »

New hours will be Sunday 8-7pm and Monday 1-9pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

Is there anybody there shooting?

AFS
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

Looks like its opened up its hours a bit more now. I was making the trek to homestead but live right near markham. Happy to see it open 5 days now. I hope the waits are not too bad.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Went today around 1230 hoping to get in for the 1 o'clock slot! NOPE......not open till 4! Complete horseshit! Like was said, seems political! Let the range guys in......we don't go anywhere near the sheep pen! :D
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

They give their new hours right on the phone recording if you call. Basically 4pm to 9pm M-TH for rifle range. Open 8-5 Sunday. Closed Fri/Sat I think. However, always check since it has changed several times since start of covid.

Basically, they are not open during the hours scheduled for Covid checks and vaccine appointments. During those times, the entry line of cars snakes past the entry booths and sometimes out onto 84. It's a shame they don't have another entry into the park, where this would not be an issue.
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

There is another exit/entrance and its right next to the shooting ranges. They used to open the gate to let us out during the annual bike toy run.
redeagle

Post by redeagle »

Yes. I know that one. It’s a maintenance access that goes under the Sawgrass/869. I worked in that commercial park where it lets out and could actually hear the range fire most of the day from our parking lot. When they used to leave the gate open we could ride our mountain bikes straight into the park but it’s been kept closed now for a long time. I don’t think it was ever used as a public entrance.