Shooting Range Help in Miami Area

Toofiq

Shooting Range Help in Miami Area

Post by Toofiq »

Hello all,

I'm from Central FL. I'm an NRA instructor. My wife's family is from Miami/Hialeah and wants me to come down to do a concealed weapon's class for them. I've been trying to find a range and it's not really working out.

Any chance anyone has a private property we can make $100 to or are there any ranges off the beaten path that would be permissible for 10-15 people on a Saturday?

For the class, I just like to see 20 shots land on a 9" paper plate before I sign off on them.

Any help appreciated.
frenchkat

Post by frenchkat »

Check with Henry down in Homestead, there is also a range just to the south of Homestead AFB, Homestead Training Center that might be able to accommodate. Also try Trail Glades range run by MD County. They have a separate "Practical" range that is open for rentals, have to provide proof of insurance.

Locals and County take a dim view of "Private" ranges. You start blasting on private property, po-po gonna sho up!
MiamiOffshore

Post by MiamiOffshore »

You can rent Henrys out for half a day, but it will be a lot more than $100 for a Saturday (not sure what his prices are currently but this time of year, no heat/humidity/mosquitoes won't help)

Maybe ask for a small window of time very early in the morning?
frenchkat

Post by frenchkat »

Henry’s has a website. I’ve rented it twice in the last 6 months, $250 for half a day.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Were there restrictions on number of shooters, targets used, Range distance, etc?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

frenchkat

Post by frenchkat »

Google Henry’s Range and give him a call.
Toofiq

Post by Toofiq »

Thanks all.
Have reached out to Henry