Looking for a gun club to join

gusto411

Looking for a gun club to join

Post by gusto411 »

Moved to Aventura (north of Miami) from out of state and look for a local gun club to join. I shoot at least once a week, so annual membership would be more economical for me.
Need a place that allows to shoot regular (non-frangible) rifle ammo; many public ranges don’t allow it.

Thank you,
- Gusto
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

Pembroke indoor isnt far from you, west of Pembroke Rd in the warehouses to the south.
gusto411

Post by gusto411 »

Thank you!
If you refer to Pembroke Gun & Range, they’re public range and only allow frangible ammo for rifles.
So no-go for me... :-(

Thanks again,
- Gusto
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

If non frangible and rifle is a deal breaker your options are shoot straight in fort lauderdale (indoor), bass pro (indoor, slow fire, no memberships) or outdoors at markham (slow fire, public, range nazis) in west broward, or trail glades (same) in miami.

Nexus is a possibility in Davie as well.

Most ranges down here are public, and the few with memberships, (hollywood gun club), are pistol caliber only. There were and maybe are private ranges in the Redlands but thats a 1 to 2 hour drive from Aventura.
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

Addendum

Pembroke also allows shotguns with buckshot indoors.

Check out IDPA and IPSC for rifle events elsewhere.
tector

Post by tector »

mohshard wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:58 pm If non frangible and rifle is a deal breaker your options are shoot straight in fort lauderdale (indoor), bass pro (indoor, slow fire, no memberships) or outdoors at markham (slow fire, public, range nazis) in west broward, or trail glades (same) in miami.

Most ranges down here are public, and the few with memberships, (hollywood gun club), are pistol caliber only. There were and maybe are private ranges in the Redlands but thats a 1 to 2 hour drive from Aventura.
Is Pop's/Sharon's still open?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
gusto411

Post by gusto411 »

mohshard wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:58 pm If non frangible and rifle is a deal breaker your options are shoot straight in fort lauderdale (indoor), bass pro (indoor, slow fire, no memberships) or outdoors at markham (slow fire, public, range nazis) in west broward, or trail glades (same) in miami.

Thank you!
I’ll try Shoot Straight, Nexus looks like fun too!
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

Taking a quick look online, pops / Sharon's is open but considering all the drama that's going on there I think I'd skip it. The last few times I tried to schedule anything there she was non-responsive or agreed to do stuff and when I showed up with a group had already booked other people there and wouldn't allow anyone else on site
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Pops/Sharon place is not where I would send any shooter...unless I really didn't like them. It's really too bad as it has a lot of potential.
Dealing with Sharon is like playing Russia Roulettes literally.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I’m sure Tector said that in jest.
That Sharon bitch IS CRAZY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk