Other than Markham and the Sheriffs ranges...

Shadowbob

Other than Markham and the Sheriffs ranges...

Post by Shadowbob »

Are there any outdoor shooting ranges within 50 miles of Palm Beach Gardens? I thoght I heard of one in Fort Pierce but my google-fu is weak this morning. Thanks.
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

When it finally opens, there will be the Palm Beach Shooting Sports Park which is on Seminole Pratt across the street from the Corbitt entrance. Last I heard was it will be opening on the weekends by the end of the year while they finish construction on all the shotgun ranges.
https://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educat ... alm-beach/
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Flashooter22 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 pm Last I heard was it will be opening on the weekends by the end of the year while they finish construction on all the shotgun ranges.
Well... the PBSO range just put out the schedule through next March (2020). So, that means it's not expected to open until AT LEAST then. Based on previous experience, I wouldn't hold my breath for March 2020, either. :lol:

This has been going on for YEARS. At this point, I'd be happy with keeping the PBSO range open to the public as it is now. It's a nice range, run by nice RSOs.

The promise of the new FWC range opening has become like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown to kick. "I swear I won't pull it away this time!" LOL!
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Racer88 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Flashooter22 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 pm Last I heard was it will be opening on the weekends by the end of the year while they finish construction on all the shotgun ranges.
Well... the PBSO range just put out the schedule through next March (2020). So, that means it's not expected to open until AT LEAST then. Based on previous experience, I wouldn't hold my breath for March 2020, either. :lol:

This has been going on for YEARS. At this point, I'd be happy with keeping the PBSO range open to the public as it is now. It's a nice range, run by nice RSOs.

The promise of the new FWC range opening has become like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown to kick. "I swear I won't pull it away this time!" LOL!
Ohh believe me I know, if I had not seen it with my own eyes I would think the range is a myth by now. I just don’t understand what the hell is taking so long. I have complained to the county commissioner and of course it is a finger pointing game on why it is taking so long to open. I can’t wait when it does finally open it’s less than 10 minutes away.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Flashooter22 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:49 pm Ohh believe me I know, if I had not seen it with my own eyes I would think the range is a myth by now. I just don’t understand what the hell is taking so long. I have complained to the county commissioner and of course it is a finger pointing game on why it is taking so long to open. I can’t wait when it does finally open it’s less than 10 minutes away.
It's an FWC project, and the County has LONG been known as opposed to ANY ranges in PBC.

It would be about 10 minutes away for me, too.

My concerns:
  • It's going to be very crowded, especially if it's open only on the weekend.
  • The RSOs / staff will be the same as the "friendly" reputation I've heard about Markham
  • It will attract the same types of customers as Markham Park reportedly attacts.
I'm going to miss the PBSO range.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
Jay561

Post by Jay561 »

Its totally going to be markham park palm beach. I will greatly miss those pbso ROs.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Jay561 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:16 pm Its totally going to be markham park palm beach. I will greatly miss those pbso ROs.
That's what I'm afraid of. :cry:

I'm a big fan of the PBSO RSOs. Super guys... all of them. Plus, I'm going to miss the "private club" atmosphere of the PBSO range. It's the same guys that show up to shoot every time. I think that, because it's a range run by cops, it keeps the "riff-raff" away. It's really quite nice and a fun and SAFE atmosphere.
SilentRecon

Post by SilentRecon »

I was told that it goes way beyond finishing the bathrooms there before opening. They have to complete a water treatment facility now on the premises and they have not even secured a contractors bid for that. Lol. It is going to be a long time before it opens. Don't forget that PBC is a very liberal county and have been throwing up red tape since day 1.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk