These kuntz will be protesting the Pembroke Pines gun show

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I walked in the main entrance just before 10, & I didn’t see any protestors. GARY.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

I got there about 11am,there were probably 30 or so protesters, but very tame, just had few little groups with signs. Didn't interfere with anyone entering of leaving that I saw.
The show on the other hand....
I haven't been to a gun show in probably 8-10 yrs or so. Went with the intention of looking for a used 10/22 or some 10/22 parts, also looking for the new Rock Island VR80 12 ga shotgun, and pricing for used Ithaca 37 12 ga's.
Brought a few Beretta mags and a 10/22 Volquart/Midway barrel with me to sell. There were notices that no private gun sales would be allowed, and I was even warned that due to the increased security not to sell parts to individuals. I sold the mags to a dealer right by the door. But walking around I soon realized that gun shows have changed quite a bit. This was basically an AR platform and pistol show. Many various AR's, many factory pistols, few scope and ammo tables, but almost nothing else. Gone were the tables of used guns, gone were the tables older gun parts and mom and pop stuff. Mostly dealers selling new stuff only. Shoot Straight table had a few used guns but not much. A few shotguns, but not a lot and most were "tactical" or shorty's etc. Not a single Ithaca or VR80. One guy had a new but older style VR60, and he didn't even know what it was. No one to sell my 10/22 barrel to. All in all, quite underwhelmed.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Times have changed. I bet when you went to your last show, AK’s cost 1/3 the price of an AR. Yesterday, AR’s were 1/2 the price of an AK. However, any part you may ever need is always available on the internet, & can be shipped to your front door. A few times in the past when I needed some S&W trigger parts, none were ever at a gun show. But I looked on E-Bay, & quickly found what I needed. They can’t sell guns, but they can sell parts there. GARY