Glock armorer recommendation in Broward?

tector

Glock armorer recommendation in Broward?

Post by tector »

Should be just some basic work, but would still like someone reputable--thanks.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

His name is Ollie. He does most of the gun shows in the Tri County area, but I don’t know where he lives. 305-252-7422. Ollie is the best. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 pm His name is Ollie. He does most of the gun shows in the Tri County area, but I don’t know where he lives. 305-252-7422. Ollie is the best. GARY.
305, most likely Dade. I will call him Monday--thank you, Gary. At the gunshow he must be under the gun (ha, a pun!) for time, so maybe I can get him my gun in advance and then pick it up at the show.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I know several of the Glock armorers from the various shows, & Ollie is definitely the best. Heck, I’m in WPB 17 years now, but still have my 954 number. At the Miami shows he’s usually right next to the SS tables. GARY.
tector

Post by tector »

N4KVE wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:14 pm I know several of the Glock armorers from the various shows, & Ollie is definitely the best. Heck, I’m in WPB 17 years now, but still have my 954 number. At the Miami shows he’s usually right next to the SS tables. GARY.
I will tell him the recommendation is from you!
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Just curious on what you needed done? I had a Glock armorer certification and really didn't learn that much more than I what I knew before working on Glocks. But pretty much anything that is in the realm of being a Glock armorer can be done in 30 minutes.
tector

Post by tector »

I am thinking of tricking out a G40 I bought a while back that has just been sitting in my safe. A red dot with co-witnessed sights (probably Dawson) seems likely. I may also buy a Barsto 357sig conversion barrel that is semi-fit, so that might need fitting (the semi-fits sometimes don't; the match fit always do).

To explain the latter--I have almost 4k rounds of 357sig on hand. 10mm, only 750.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Ah, well, if it's a MOS then you just need an adapter plate for your red dot (I prefer C&H adapters over Glocks). If it's not MOS, and you want the slide milled properly for the red dot then that definitely limits you on your armorer choices. Ben at Boresite Solutions is where I would go to really trick out a Glock. But do it yourself and get a premilled slide. I really like Brownell's slides as the fit is really nice if you just want to buy a pre-milled slide, but the beveled edges are a love/hate thing for many. Obviously there are a million slide choices out there that range from OEM to race gun. I would loan you a glock sight pusher and front sight tool to tackle it on your own, but mine is only for standard 17/22 sized slides. Glock sights are stupid easy to remove and install tho and the only gun we would do for customers while they wait same day. But come to think of it, I had to borrow a universal pusher from a friend as my pusher didn't clear my suppressor height sights for my 19 and 34.
tector

Post by tector »

Yeah the package of Glock plates came with it, so I would have to add $70+ for another plate.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Ollie was at the WPB show today, & did some trigger work to my newly acquired 26. GARY.