Lakeland Gun Show @ Sun n Fun 20SEP20

pharmer

Post by pharmer »

I spent a few hours there. The line was maddening, an hour to get in and it was worse later. If'n you went in and came out later for food you had to go the line again to get back in. I know this because a guy was losing his ship over it in a very loud manner. Ammo was expensive and no "pallet sellers" only guys with "weathered" single boxes of ammo. There was one guy with 9mm Blazer brass for $25/50. .223 was either side of $1/rd. .22lr ran from $0.12/rd and up. I laughed at one guy, had a box of "32 rds .357 magnum" for $30. Somebody shot 3 cylinders and called it a life. Lots of S&W M&P/ model 10's, one "C prefix was $285, maybe 70% with good mechanics. Colt's were in abundance, lots of Det Specials $400-$800. Diamondbacks nearing $2K though. Plenty of "walk-in" guns with owners trying to get a semester of tuition for "Sonny" at UF. It was an actual gun show, sort of. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
joker223

Post by joker223 »

indy1919a4 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:58 pm
joker223 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:20 pm I was planning on going to find some deals on some small pistol primers........
I would not count on any deals for pistol Primers... Honest I did not see any.... But total truth I was not looking for them.
I was kidding. :D I've seen them listed from $ 75-100 /1000 lately.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Went today for a couple hours & had a good time. No line when I got there about 10:30.

Bought four boxes of .327 Federal Magnum self defense ammo for less than pre-panic retail, a project pistol, and on the way out picked up a wheeled watertight storage case from the guy who sells military surplus gear. I looked at some great old guns - came t-h-i-s close to buying a 1901 Marlin Takedown in .30-30.

Talked to some older gents that were just happy to share stories with someone that would stand still long enough to listen, and got to answer all kinds of questions and share some history with a boy about 8 or 9 when he asked, "excuse me, sir - what kind of rifle is that you're carrying?"

I looked at four Merwin & Hulbert revolvers (search Youtube for a video on Forgotten Weapons) - you just don't see those at most shows these days. Those are amazing pieces of 19th century firearms engineering. One reason I love that show is that good ol' wood-and-steel guns probably outnumber polymer double stack bottom feeders 50 to 1.
revelation

Post by revelation »

Before going into the show what were your expectations price per round or a case of 500 on brass 55 grain .223 like Remington or Wolf Gold?

The same goes for 9mm 115 WWB and PMC?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Miamiair

Post by Miamiair »

Thanks for all the replies. From what I read, it is nothing like the shows we have at Miami.

I am not one to stop at every table. I usually know what I want, usually know who has it, I get it and go.

With all this madness going around, ammo is a non-starter. Flat out gouging, and you see it going on again, people that have a friend that lets them buy the shipment when it hits the dock, then they mark it up; no sympathy for these people. But if you didn't stock up when the Covid shit happened, all the BLM/Antifa was definitely going to put a strain on the supply chain.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

revelation wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:15 am Before going into the show what were your expectations price per round or a case of 500 on brass 55 grain .223 like Remington or Wolf Gold?

The same goes for 9mm 115 WWB and PMC?
I expected ammo prices to be high, and I wasn't disappointed in that regard, but then I wasn't looking to buy 9mm or .223. I saw a good bit of 115 gr. 9mm FMJ priced at $25-$35 per box of 50 - not sure how much of it was actually selling.

Less than 10 minutes into the show, the first box of .327 Fed Mag I saw was marked $40 for 20 rounds. That set the tone, but I didn't freak out over it - just recalibrated my ammo antenna until I found someone who was getting out of the caliber and just wanted to recoup what they'd paid for it.