Lakeland Gun Show @ Sun n Fun 20SEP20

Miamiair

Lakeland Gun Show @ Sun n Fun 20SEP20

Post by Miamiair »

Is this something worth a three hour drive?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

No gun show is worth a 3 hour drive. Sometimes when I drive 8 minutes to the WPB gun show when I’m not working it with Ira , I ask myself why I wasted my time. GARY.
Miamiair

Post by Miamiair »

If you put it that way...

Thanks for the feedback.
tector

Post by tector »

If you lived 3 hours from Tulsa, that would be worth it.

In Florida, no gun show is worth it. Those days are long over.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Miamiair wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 pm Is this something worth a three hour drive?
Each gun show has a feel of its own, It may be best to tell what kind of things you are looking for. Otherwise you could get a knee jerk reaction
from someone that may not help.

Guess it kinda depends on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for more modern firearms and accessories. It may not be worth your time.

If you are looking for older firearms they will have alot.. 100s of tables worth. Also its on an airfield with an pretty nice air museum on it. There are lots of free outdoor aircraft you can gandor at.

I would go, but I tend to please easy, I like looking at and talking about guns.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

It is a "last remnant" of what gun shows were. Definitely not worth a drive if you value "bargains." There won't be any. Also making $200-$500 in an afternoon "trading" ain't happening anymore either. But if you got Saturday free, the wife getting hair done/ shopping, visiting her fiends, I'm willing to drive the 75 mi each way to look around. Nothing to sell, not in the market for more guns and I don't need a correct bayonet for my Argentine Mauser (actually I don't have one). Joe
Keep Today Fresh
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

tector wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 pm If you lived 3 hours from Tulsa, that would be worth it.

In Florida, no gun show is worth it. Those days are long over.
1+++
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Absolutely not worth it!
Just left.
Stood in line for 1.5 hours
Little ammo and all FMJ pistol ammo Was $1. A round.
No good deals of corse
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

45caldan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 am Absolutely not worth it!
Just left.
No good deals of corse
So I got to ask, You went there hoping for pistol ammo...??? Had you ever gone to that show before??. It was never an Ammo buying show.. Possible a few collector type boxes and maybe a few guys with some surplus ammo. And then in this current climate, I would not look for any ammo at any show until you start to see the online sellers having stock.

Honestly am I missing the boat, was the real purpose of this to just Bitch and moan about this show and hell most shows?? It really saddens me to go to a gun forum and read such lack of joy for guns.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

45caldan wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 am Absolutely not worth it!
Just left.
No good deals of corse
I was thinking of heading over to have a look-see.

What was the cause of the long line to get in? Not enough access control or huge crowds, both?