Melbourne Gun Show July4/5 is on

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

That show turned out to have a little bit of everything.. A real good show to go to

Maybe 100+ tables..

There was some modern ARs & parts and some bulk ammo for sale..

There was some bagged ammo of more exotic calibers.

A lot of nice Older arms both rare and unusual and some of higher price.

A number of walk in guns.

They were taking temperatures of people walking in and they were limiting the number of people in the room at one time.. 1st time going to the show will gladly go again.. A fairly nice facility.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

The limiting worked out well at least for us vendors

PJs had a lock on ammo sales and sold enough ammo to start a war

I did very well for a one table hobbyist.

Got a nice bonus from Gregg, thanks :)

If I do half as good to tomorrow it will be a record show but I kind of doubt it
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

So how was Sunday..???
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Also very good.

I wonder with the largest ammo dealer PJ's selling out of many calibers particularly 9MM what that says about future shows

Much more of a pistol panic than AR so far but I believe this will eventually get to all parts of the gun world as supply demand ratios get even more stupid

For those that thought ammo would be cheap and plentiful for ever and ignored us preaching:
"Buy it cheap and stack it deep"
Good luck
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Wulfmann wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:57 am Also very good.

I wonder with the largest ammo dealer PJ's selling out of many calibers particularly 9MM what that says about future shows

Much more of a pistol panic than AR so far but I believe this will eventually get to all parts of the gun world as supply demand ratios get even more stupid

For those that thought ammo would be cheap and plentiful for ever and ignored us preaching:
"Buy it cheap and stack it deep"
Good luck
Just means he will bring more ammo next time... This to will pass

I did see a young guy purchase an AR before he took his concealed carry class.. and I did see the new pistol guys being swamped.. But hey it happens..

So were you selling Older guns or newer??
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Not sure how accurate one oh his employees can be but I asked if he was sending a truck to get more ammo and he said there was no much ammo in their warehouse and none of what they sold out of

9MM was the biggest seller and it was pistols not AR/AK types that were hot.

I sold all 4 of the pistols I brought with me 3 were Sigs (1 M11A-1 and 2 P228s) I have been bringing for 2 years but poof all sudden like they were gone. 4th was a SWLP9-shield .
I had already replaced the Sigs so i could wait until I got what I paid
No older guns but I did buy a sporterized 8MM Mauser more to use up my ammo and then I will sell it in a year or so.
I do have a lot of reloaded match 8MM ammo
gforester

Post by gforester »

Hey Wulfmann, what were the ammo prices at the show? When I checked several of the big online ammo sellers they were out of just about every handgun caliber. What they did have was some high dollar premium hollowpoint stuff in the $40 to $45 range.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

The prices varied from about double what they were at the February show (last one before shut down) to about triple
I had one case of Speer Lawman 124gr 9MM for $20.00 a box and was told I was too cheap. I sold out
Some were asking and getting $25.00

HST and Gold Dot were $50.00 (I got $40.00)
I brought a case of reloaded 124gr @ $10.00 a box and sold out

PJs had Magtec 115gr 9MM for $320.00 a case (with tax) which came to $16 a box OTD limit one case per customer
By Sunday morning they had 10 cases left and it went quick

Go to SGA. They have CCI snake shot in 9MM and that is it. Even the $2.00 a round stuff is gone
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-a ... luger-ammo

45 was not near as bad. Was $14-15 in Feb now $20.00

What I wonder is will this start to level out or will last weekend's insane prices be a jump off point to stupidville

I am sure Sie Experten" will show up and say we created a panic by saying there would be a panic like we can just tell people you have to buy when we say so.
That is the biggest stupid IMO

20 years of doing this I did not see this coming at all
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

Wulfmann wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:52 pm...........20 years of doing this I did not see this coming at all
I expect the same at the O Show this weekend. Fear and uncertainty fuel panic every time and there's more than enough to keep it crazy until at least Thanksgiving. Joe
Keep Today Fresh