This weeks O Show No Go

Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

cal45 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:04 am
AirForceShooter wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:18 pm ..........If some people die that's going to be the price we pay.
Happens all the time AFS
Really, would you feel like that if it were you and your family paying the price?
That was not his point.

Even dumb liberals have come to realize if we do not open the economy we will collapse and if we collapse the world collapses and that has always led to war
Cities and states can not print money they need a source which is mostly tax revenue.
No open no taxes no revenue no money to pay police fire and God forbid the major and city council salaries

AFS' point was there is a limit to what affect a shutdown benefits society then becomes is destruction.

Those families that are at high risk do not have to go out they can still stay home so your point is mute
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

AirForceShooter wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:18 pm ..........If some people die that's going to be the price we pay.

Happens all the time

AFS
Really, would you feel like that if it were you and your family paying the price?
If it meant my kids and grand kids wouldn't have to live in a depression like country take me now.

You drive a car? Then you accept the social price for driving a car is auto fatalities by the thousands.

Like I said. The price we pay.
cal45

Post by cal45 »

Wulfmann wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:47 am
Happens all the time AFS
That was not his point.

Even dumb liberals have come to realize if we do not open the economy we will collapse and if we collapse the world collapses and that has always led to war
Cities and states can not print money they need a source which is mostly tax revenue.
No open no taxes no revenue no money to pay police fire and God forbid the major and city council salaries

AFS' point was there is a limit to what affect a shutdown benefits society then becomes is destruction.

Those families that are at high risk do not have to go out they can still stay home so your point is mute
Actually, agree with you both but my point is there needs to be a better proactive testing process in place for all before the flood gates open to ensure we have a way to prevent or contain a spike of infections that may come. Keep in mind that there is no vaccine or standard proven medical treatment to treat at this time.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

I should in fairness state I am retired and self sufficient.

If I never leave the house at all for 3 moths (or years) straight I will eat drink and be merry so it is much easier for me to be candid as to what is going on.

For those that have a mortgage/rent a car payment and are short on cash this has to be a grueling nightmare and I wish I could say something uplifting but it is beyond me.

That said i can therefore be more objective as my opinion is not under duress.

The collapse of the economy IMO would cause far greater permanent harm to America, the world and create far more death than opening the economy and virus deaths go up ten fold.
As I mentioned IMO and of course I won't be one of those deaths
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

How hard is for many people to understand that the cure cannot be worse than the disease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
gforester

Post by gforester »

P5 Guy wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:34 am The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Well said Mr. Spock.