Need a reputable Gunsmith to repair Winchester 94

johnmcd348

Need a reputable Gunsmith to repair Winchester 94

Post by johnmcd348 »

I have my dad's late 60's Model 94 that's had the Double Feed jam issue ever since he bought it new, back in '67. There's a Gunsmith that's kind of local to me here in Polk County but I took my wife's pistol there to have sights installed and was less than pleased with the condition of the pistol when I got it back. He took a brand new pistol BEAT the old sights off and Pounded the new sights in. A pistol that'd had less than a box of ammo through it, looks like it's been worn and dropped and generally mistreated for a long time..

I'd like to get some names of real Smith's around the Polk, Tampa, and Orlando area that might be able to work on it.
We Sleep Peacefully in our Beds at night because Rough Men stand ready in the Night to visits Violence upon those who would do us Harm........ G. Orwell
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Dow Arms Room or Pasco Gun Sports - both in Dade City. Cole's Gun Shop in Dunedin/Clearwater.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

flcracker wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:43 am Dow Arms Room or Pasco Gun Sports - both in Dade City. Cole's Gun Shop in Dunedin/Clearwater.
I believe Pasco Gun Sports is out of business, but Bruce Dow (Dow Arms Room) is top notch.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

The gunsmith at A1 Gun and Pawn (on Hillsborough) in Tampa is old school / top notch.......used to work for Dave Granger.....
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

my former business associate from when i sold and warranteed the russian saigas with is a top notch old school gunsmith. hes in ohio, so there is mailing and a transfer involved, but he does phenominal work and is very talented with the old guns. he will know exactly what the issue is and IF it can be fixed as well as how.

Cadiz Gun Works
Address:
Cadiz Gun Works
518 North Main Street, PO Box 126, Cadiz, OH 43907

E-MAIL: Office@CadizGunWorks.com
Telephone:
740-942-3175

i think that is his wife, Vicki's, number
johnmcd348

Post by johnmcd348 »

Thanks all for the info. I'll check them out. I didn't know Mr Dow was still around. I bought my 1st M1 carbine from him probably 30 years ago.
We Sleep Peacefully in our Beds at night because Rough Men stand ready in the Night to visits Violence upon those who would do us Harm........ G. Orwell