Anyone hit the new Shooters World in Orlando?

cal45

Anyone hit the new Shooters World in Orlando?

Post by cal45 »

Saw on the news here in Orlando that they had their Grand Opening a few days ago. Looks like a great place plus it is near me in SW Orange.
If you have been - please post up your review here. Thanks
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

The one in Tampa is amazing sure it's the same in Orlando.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Been shooting at the one in the villages a few times its nice
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Rules, rules, rules.....

1st time I decided to go to the range in Tampa, I spent 20 minutes filling out paperwork.....then they didn't know how to deal with me because I didn't have a smartphone in my pocket to notify me when my "slot" was ready...….I normally don't take a phone to a shooting range.

Next up.....they didn't like my topsiders (shoes) because I wasn't wearing socks....so to shoot they gave me surgical baggie/sock looking things I had to wear

Decided to give them another shot a few months later, and they wanted me to sit down with a tablet and re-enter all the info (work/criminal history) into their "system" before I could shoot.....

I personally think they suck...….and I don't really understand what kind of market they appeal to.....

I guess if you wanna rent a Glock and take a bunch of pictures of your Tinder hookup shooting it they are the place to go......
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I guess if you wanna rent a Glock and take a bunch of pictures of your Tinder hookup shooting it they are the place to go......
LOL I think I know that guy.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Villafuego wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:17 pm
Next up.....they didn't like my topsiders (shoes) because I wasn't wearing socks...
I know that guy too....lol

Ive shot there in boat shoes, no socks , like 4 times ....get a Shooters Card for $10 it gives you the; skip the line, don't have to fill out shit, perks of a membership, without having to pay for a membership :mrgreen:

Shooters World appeals to the ; don't wanna shoot with the hood rats, don't care if its MSRP pricing in the showroom, here, clean my gun while I eat an $8 sandwich after I wash my hands with this expensive D-Lead soap in the new modern nicely a/c bathrooms.

The Villages location has lockers where a New Yorker types can store their guns while returning to their summer homes.

kinda like rich guys, they don't wash their cars they have them detailed, use valet parking, drive all the toll roads and don't care what it costs.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

Sounds like a place I'm definitely NOT shooting at.

Fill out a history?? Why? Am I applying for a job?

AFS
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

AirForceShooter wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 am Sounds like a place I'm definitely NOT shooting at.

Fill out a history?? Why? Am I applying for a job?

AFS
+1 I understand a DL and an optional CWP. That is it! Should have left them a stool sample :twisted:
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Villafuego wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:17 pm then they didn't know how to deal with me because I didn't have a smartphone in my pocket to notify me when my "slot" was ready...….I normally don't take a phone to a shooting range.
Same here. Whenever I go to the SS range, I always leave my phone in the car. Like I’m going to hear it ring while I’m on the range, or if I did feel it vibrate I wouldn’t answer it. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

N4KVE wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:22 am
Villafuego wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:17 pm then they didn't know how to deal with me because I didn't have a smartphone in my pocket to notify me when my "slot" was ready...….I normally don't take a phone to a shooting range.
Same here. Whenever I go to the SS range, I always leave my phone in the car. Like I’m going to hear it ring while I’m on the range, or if I did feel it vibrate I wouldn’t answer it. GARY.
Walkers makes an excellent pair of bluetooth ears, I make and take calls on the range all the time, the other shooters voices are amplified as the gun shots are cut out, not a perfect situation but it works, I guess it sucks for the person calling me but oh well, not worse than calling someone at a noisy ballgame or with a ton of ankle biters around. :roll:
you can also blue tooth music or an audio book, while probably not best to do at the gun range, if you used the ears as general hearing protection, like for tractor work or in a machine shop, I could understand