Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Clyde621 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:41 pm Norinco, I wish I had your skill set. I really envy you guys who can get stuff up and running.👍👍
Thanks, BUT....

Looking at the welds and stuff, I'd say my skill set still needs a lot of honing :shock: . Just amateur stuff, expensive but still cheaper than bar hopping and/or a moderate drug addiction. Keeps me busy.

Kind of a dying hobby with the prices of kits and parts these days.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I would definitely love to get an AK parts kit but like you said, with the price of a kit + all the additional work, it'd be about the same if not a little cheaper to just buy a commbloc AK outright.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Skoll wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:02 pm I would definitely love to get an AK parts kit but like you said, with the price of a kit + all the additional work, it'd be about the same if not a little cheaper to just buy a commbloc AK outright.
Yeah the golden age of AK parts kits has passed. I think I paid $79 for my first one, original barreled Romy G kit from Bocefus. Really wasn't even all that long ago.

We're living in the golden age of AR-15's though, thats for sure. My first purchased AK was a WASR-3 for $259 new, a DPMS or Bushy would run well over double that, closer to triple. But I was in a ban state, so maybe not the same experience as it was down here.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I want to buy a barreled kit, but they're running like $400+ now and the guys who do have ones they don't want know full well they can probably nudge those prices higher.

AR prices have flatlined except for the "serious use" brands and Colt.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

I was looking at your hk work, I have a 91 cloan and would like a 93 to go with it. How much trouble did you have in getting one together?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Clyde621 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:01 pm I was looking at your hk work, I have a 91 cloan and would like a 93 to go with it. How much trouble did you have in getting one together?
I had some help with my MP5K. I didn't think I could get good enough penetration without adding a ton of metal with my welder, really need a TIG for these, and I don't have a TIG. Alot of hand fitting on stuff, but not much compared to having to fab a closed bolt system on an old SMG or something.

I've done a CETME, the MP5K and about 3/4 done with a second CETME, but with G3 rear drum site and a paddle release, more like a HK than a CETME but using CETME guts.

The actual build isnt that bad. Its just the cost. If you're looking for a 223 HK, will probably be cheaper to find a clone, IE a C93, or MKE had some 223's I think, Vector etc.

HK33 kits are still reasonably priced, but figure in the cost of kit, barrel, replacement parts that may be unsalvagable from the kit, 922r parts if you give a shit about that, receiver (and bending jig if you use a flat) its a pretty expensive build. They are really quite simple firearms though

I've been thinking I want a HK53 clone, kinda starting committing to it but haven't gone all the way yet. A CETME-L in 5.56 looks like a neat novelty build challenge.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

NorincoKid wrote:. A CETME-L in 5.56 looks like a neat novelty build challenge.
I don't get a lot of time to follow any of the build threads anymore are their receivers are available for those CETME L kits.....bending jigs ?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

rentprop1 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm
NorincoKid wrote:. A CETME-L in 5.56 looks like a neat novelty build challenge.
I don't get a lot of time to follow any of the build threads anymore are their receivers are available for those CETME L kits.....bending jigs ?
HMG(?) offers a flat....its $250 though :o And yeah, special jig....a regular HK jig wont work for the L model.

Prexis put out some receiver flats as well. I guess they need quite a bit of tweaking but can be made to run.

Dunno. Reluctant to get back into 223 but it is indeed the golden age of the AR15. I picked up a lower and 100 round drum to leave in the safe. Not crazy about AR's but with the price of AK kits I gotta start looking into other stuff to put together.

Wish I had the coin for one of those Yugo M53 kits....
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Prexis is dead to a lot of builders ,I'm luckily to have gotten my DPM barrel from him but for the price and the remaining work after 10 month wait....eff him.....I can't say I'd ever buy anything from him or his stuff again.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:58 am
NorincoKid wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:49 pm Image

That is bad azz right there. It's a shame Regan signed that dumb azz law banning any new machineguns. That would be sweettt in full auto suppressed.
My Grandson has been lusting for one ever since he shot Rents.