Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Skoll wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 am I've seen a lot of people say they want / lust after an AKMSU. I think I've maybe seen one legit copycat of it though. It's definitely a cool gun.
thanks to our brother Nicolas , he sent me a nice front end wood thumbhole stock from the UK a few years back, Ive been too busy to build it... but one day soon....to be internet folklore correct is a long shot, I don't really wanna spend a bunch of $$ on the hinged top cover and stuff, especially if we add a red dot to the damn thing, but still a cool concept.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:34 pm
Skoll wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 am I've seen a lot of people say they want / lust after an AKMSU. I think I've maybe seen one legit copycat of it though. It's definitely a cool gun.
thanks to our brother Nicolas , he sent me a nice front end wood thumbhole stock from the UK a few years back, Ive been too busy to build it... but one day soon....to be internet folklore correct is a long shot, I don't really wanna spend a bunch of $$ on the hinged top cover and stuff, especially if we add a red dot to the damn thing, but still a cool concept.
Eh, I'd probably want to make a close as possible AKMSU since other guns exist to modernize/tacticlol up. My Zastava M85 for example... I threw a folding SBA 3 brace on there, replaced the AK blade with a peep sight, stuck a 1913 rail on between the hinge and rear sight, and added a Bonesteel arms railed fore end. I don't mind doing it since these aren't rare guns and ZUSA is going to be importing them now. A legit AKMSU kit, though? The mil surp history nerd in me would want to keep that as close to accurate as possible.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Skoll wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:43 pm A legit AKMSU kit, though? The mil surp history nerd in me would want to keep that as close to accurate as possible.
I not sure there ever was production AKMSU's so a clone is as close as you can get , and gonna be pricey to complete
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm
Skoll wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:43 pm A legit AKMSU kit, though? The mil surp history nerd in me would want to keep that as close to accurate as possible.
I not sure there ever was production AKMSU's so a clone is as close as you can get , and gonna be pricey to complete
I don't think there was either. I'm not entirely sure where it came from either.

The first one I ever saw had chinese rivet pattern.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I have no idea if they were ever production models but they were definitely a thing. Kalashnikov Concern turned out a lot of weird shit in the 60s and 70s.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Took all my parts to local gunsmith and figured out how to go about building everything. Got quoted 4-5 weeks for some custom parts finished then I’ll finish the drilling

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Nice! Cant wait to see the finished product.....
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

The very beginnings of the next (sorta) AK I plan on finishing. Definitely a little different.