Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Not really a parts kit, but finished up a little side project. Almost finished up.

Mexican 1910 Mauser, receiver was drilled and tapped, barrel is a sporter profile 7.62x39mm. Picked up a Swedish M96 stock set and cut it down (it was sticking out 4" past the muzzle) , crudely fit a K98 bayonet lug, barrel band and front sight. Was able to fit a Swede rear sight to the sporter barrel by honing out (tapered, not fun) and notched the handguard ring to clear the scope rings. Shorter spring and follower with a block in the magazine.

Not a beauty queen, but as far as bastard mutt sporterized mauser's go, at least it still sorta looks like a Mauser. Put a few rounds through it for function, smooth as butter, barely any recoil. Hoping to sight in the scope sometime soon. My bolt action companion gun for the AK's.

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

NorincoKid wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:02 pm Not really a parts kit, but finished up a little side project. Almost finished up.

Mexican 1910 Mauser, receiver was drilled and tapped, barrel is a sporter profile 7.62x39mm. Picked up a Swedish M96 stock set and cut it down (it was sticking out 4" past the muzzle) , crudely fit a K98 bayonet lug, barrel band and front sight. Was able to fit a Swede rear sight to the sporter barrel by honing out (tapered, not fun) and notched the handguard ring to clear the scope rings. Shorter spring and follower with a block in the magazine.

Not a beauty queen, but as far as bastard mutt sporterized mauser's go, at least it still sorta looks like a Mauser. Put a few rounds through it for function, smooth as butter, barely any recoil. Hoping to sight in the scope sometime soon. My bolt action companion gun for the AK's.

Now I like that, there is sometime neat about converting gunsto 7.62x39.. Real neat and cheap shooting to boot. Would love to see some detail photos of the scope mount..
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

indy1919a4 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:09 pmNow I like that, there is sometime neat about converting gunsto 7.62x39.. Real neat and cheap shooting to boot. Would love to see some detail photos of the scope mount..
Yeah, its nice to get some Mauser lovin' at the range and not have a sore shoulder afterwards too :D

Ill get some pics of the bases, but they appear to be just regular old Weaver looking bases. What was odd is that the rear base is only held on by one screw. Not sure what brand or what model the bases are but they seem to be straight.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

NorincoKid wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:18 pm
indy1919a4 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:09 pmNow I like that, there is sometime neat about converting gunsto 7.62x39.. Real neat and cheap shooting to boot. Would love to see some detail photos of the scope mount..
Yeah, its nice to get some Mauser lovin' at the range and not have a sore shoulder afterwards too :D

Ill get some pics of the bases, but they appear to be just regular old Weaver looking bases. What was odd is that the rear base is only held on by one screw. Not sure what brand or what model the bases are but they seem to be straight.
As in there is only one hole for one screw of as in there are 2 holes and there is only one screw???

as the years go on those old Weaver Scopes and parts just keep looking better and better...
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

indy1919a4 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:57 pm As in there is only one hole for one screw of as in there are 2 holes and there is only one screw???

as the years go on those old Weaver Scopes and parts just keep looking better and better...
One hole, one screw for the rear base, its stepped to clear the stripper clip hump. Dunno. They were on the action when I got it. They seemed straight.

I looked into getting different mounts for it but it's kind of an oddball receiver. I'm 99% sure its a 1910 Mexican, its a small ring Mauser but its a three lug, 98 action. So its closer in size to a 1893/94/95/96. It dropped right into a Swedish M96 stock, but I know the receiver itself is slightly different being a 98 action. Not sure. I'm not a Mauser expert but the 1910 Mexican might be an oddball variant. An intermediate length, small ring 98
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Another bolt action project I still can't decide if its worth finishing up or not. Was happy with the x39 Mauser, this one I just don't know.,

1967 Ishapore 7.62x51 Enfield 2A1 , shortened to 18.5" and threaded

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Looks like some work, But nice caliber for the rifle.. Love the crests on those rifles.. I know they are the Indian lion crest, but on the rifles it almost looks like one of those nasty flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz.. :)
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

A no longer needed FAL kit...... :(

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »