Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Nice, envy those skills.😎
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

just picked up the parts the other day....hoping to have it together quickly
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 pm just picked up the parts the other day....hoping to have it together quickly
I'm envious. I wished I grabbed one of these kits back in the day.

I'm hoping DSA does another run of RPD receivers...
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I think I'm giving up on this. I have too many other iron's in the fire. I'm going to be sad if I have to chop it up for Gunbroker. Wall hanger maybe?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I used to hate the 1919, I was stupid and passed on those when they were $ 399, now almost 1500

don't feel bad about the pps43 I gave up on one already and have like 4 more kits , one day I might feel like messin with it...during the test fire I rolled the gun on its left side to watch it feed, and I had an OOB and lodged chunks of brass in both my wrist and chin, somehow I don't think all those people making trunions and the 9mm barrels are 100% correct :roll: , maybe for a semi, but not for an open bolt gun
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I hear ya. From what I can tell, the 1919 is probably one of the easier (semi auto) belt fed builds. I want a Yugo M53 baaaaad, but think It's beyond my skill level. The RPD seems doable, but a little pricey. I've seen pricing on 1919 kits lately, god bless you man.

That PPSH, I still have a good and usable military trunnion for it. I just really changed my mind about building it. Not wanting to get back in to 7.62x25mm, and have enough 9mm's I'm not even sure I need another 9mm project. That CZ26 will be a much more challenging but neat build.

I may toss it up on armslist for trade, but I think "project people" aren't as common as they used to be.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

this is far as I got on the M53 so far, its a royal PITA as far as fit, weld, mill out, assemble to fit, weld some more, remove to fit, grind here, measure here, weld some more, :oops: all of the blueprints are in cm and mm and no one has a definite measurements on WG or the forums, there is a lot of back and forth as to the build process, I'm surprised a lot of those guy got those guns to run as semi, but this is even scarier as a PS.
a receiver re-weld would have been easier many years ago but those kits are long gone and now very pricey. this was a cut shroud kit, I got it for a deal with a live barrel, the receiver was almost $ 400, parts are super expensive and the kits are missing a lot of the small parts...if I hadn't just bought like 4000 rounds of 8mm at 20 years ago surplus prices, this project would be on a shelf, but last week i ordered the belt linker from Numrich, so I have a little fire again. still waiting on Sweep to sell me his AA tri-pod for the damn thing ...lol
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

NorincoKid wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:28 pm .That CZ26 will be a much more challenging but neat build.
e.
yeah I've only seen a few that actually run well, welding it back with the correct angle is most crucial, I talked to the guy at Remil when I bought my tube and he scared me away from the CZ26 build in 9mm saying it will not feed reliable because of the feed angle, I did find a 7.62x25 barrel for it, and I'm thinking if it runs FA in 7.62x25 it should feed in 9mm but what do I know :roll: ...Remil showed pics of a jig for rewelding on their site, and offers a 100% receiver now, but as for service, but he wasn't real excited about welding my tube back on the parts if I did the before work ??
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

$825 for a complete CZ26 receiver (Remil) is nuts.

Some of the lesser done ones, around $295 though, thinking about it. Not a super high priority at the moment. I got a FAL to get done, that CETME-L, 1 last AK47 to finish still.

I still need to finish the STEN and get out and see if it shoots...
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Hopefully finishing this one up soon, need a few more parts (Gas tube, selector, scope rail) but its getting there.

Wound up using a Yugo bolt & carrier, a 16" AMD-65 barrel, so had to swap the pistons for the shorter gas system. So far 5 different countries have parts in this mutt :D

Hoping it winds up looking like a mini PSL / DMR type.