Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I got pretty lucky on this one.

Was able to piece it together with mostly used-takeoff parts and some stuff from vendors who had real good deals. It took awhile to piece it all together but I’m pleased with how much I have into it, cost wise.

I found some parts for the next one already, bargains pop up you just have to be quick to claim them.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

First time TIG welding looks pretty good. Keep practicing. Good luck.
BIG JOE
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

I do like the Suomi, have you built one of those before??
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

indy1919a4 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:45 pm I do like the Suomi, have you built one of those before??
I tried one years ago with the TNW parts but I never got it to run. Wound up cutting it in half and getting rid of it.

Trying again though now, have all the parts, couple barrels, and an 80% tube but I’ve destroyed 2 bolts so far trying to convert them to semi. Drilling them for a firing pin isn’t fun.

But, I feel better about my welding now than I did back then so I’m hoping it will come out ok once I get a bolt figured out.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

NorincoKid wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:59 am
indy1919a4 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:45 pm I do like the Suomi, have you built one of those before??
I tried one years ago with the TNW parts but I never got it to run. Wound up cutting it in half and getting rid of it.

Trying again though now, have all the parts, couple barrels, and an 80% tube but I’ve destroyed 2 bolts so far trying to convert them to semi. Drilling them for a firing pin isn’t fun.

But, I feel better about my welding now than I did back then so I’m hoping it will come out ok once I get a bolt figured out.
I shot one of those TNW guns.. A massive pain in the finger. You look forward to when the drum runs out of ammo :) Maybe a good thing you did not get it running..

Will be interested in how you progress. One thing I like about the Suomi conversations the longer barrel really looks OK on it. Almost like the gun was meant for that barrel.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Slowly working on getting my mythical AKMSU clone together.

I have to get another upper handguard and try to match the color of the lower (maybe iodine or RIT dye, not sure) and figure out the muzzle brake.

Palmetto makes a 24mm barrel shroud for the CR-style rifles,

I'm thinking I can toss it in the lathe and put some "ribs" on it to mimic the original style one. Won't be perfect but close enough

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

and...