Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Discuss your latest firearms project! DON'T post normal maintenance questions here.
User avatar
Skoll
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:39 pm
Location: New Mexico, formerly WPB

Re: Parts Kits and Projects Picture Thread!

Post by Skoll » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:48 am

JonathanW wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am
JonathanW wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:19 am
Going to Form 1 this tube as a DD and build a Panzerfaust 44/ rpg 7 hybrid

It uses a black powder booster charge and will shoot chalk rounds or inert Grenades


Image
Image
My prints are off, hopefully approved by end of the month

Parts acquired o far:

RPG7 trigger group
Rpg7 Firing pin kit
Panzerfaust 44 Scope and Mount
Panzerfaust 44 cleaning kit
Sling
Panzerfaust 60 inert rocket (awaiting delivery)


Still waiting for:

Metal for fabrication of the grip, blast shields
Metal for connecting points for trigger group
The launching charge kit
Looking for a local welder
Imagine what the people you know in Britain would think of you being able to privately own one of those here.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."

JonathanW
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 pm
Location: Lutz

Post by JonathanW » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Skoll wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:48 am
JonathanW wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am
JonathanW wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:19 am
Going to Form 1 this tube as a DD and build a Panzerfaust 44/ rpg 7 hybrid

It uses a black powder booster charge and will shoot chalk rounds or inert Grenades


Image
Image
My prints are off, hopefully approved by end of the month

Parts acquired o far:

RPG7 trigger group
Rpg7 Firing pin kit
Panzerfaust 44 Scope and Mount
Panzerfaust 44 cleaning kit
Sling
Panzerfaust 60 inert rocket (awaiting delivery)


Still waiting for:

Metal for fabrication of the grip, blast shields
Metal for connecting points for trigger group
The launching charge kit
Looking for a local welder
Imagine what the people you know in Britain would think of you being able to privately own one of those here.
We’ll see when I posted a test fire video after everything is finished LOL

JonathanW
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 pm
Location: Lutz

Post by JonathanW » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Image
Image

JonathanW
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 pm
Location: Lutz

Post by JonathanW » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Image
Image
Image

JonathanW
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 pm
Location: Lutz

Post by JonathanW » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Just got approval to build my DD, took just over one month :D

User avatar
NorincoKid
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Spring Hill, Hernando County

Post by NorincoKid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 am

JonathanW wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Just got approval to build my DD, took just over one month :D
Awesome! Take plenty of pics along the way!

User avatar
NorincoKid
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Spring Hill, Hernando County

Post by NorincoKid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 am

Image

Hoping to redo my AKS74u 7.62 pistol as a UF after Christmas...

User avatar
Skoll
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:39 pm
Location: New Mexico, formerly WPB

Post by Skoll » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 am

NorincoKid wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 am
Image

Hoping to redo my AKS74u 7.62 pistol as a UF after Christmas...
Oh god, I think I jizzed a little.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."

User avatar
NorincoKid
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Spring Hill, Hernando County

Post by NorincoKid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:15 am

Skoll wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 am
Oh god, I think I jizzed a little.
Gross, but thank you (?) :D

I've always lusted over the mythical AKMSU , I see Ironwood makes a nice looking set. Would probably have to find a 24mm "fake silencer" thing and have it lathed to be ribbed like the AKMSU muzzle brake but could probably get a pretty accurate clone from this underfolder.

Image

User avatar
Skoll
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:39 pm
Location: New Mexico, formerly WPB

Post by Skoll » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 am

I've seen a lot of people say they want / lust after an AKMSU. I think I've maybe seen one legit copycat of it though. It's definitely a cool gun.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."

Post Reply