Did you know the ORM-D sticker is kaput?

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
tector

Did you know the ORM-D sticker is kaput?

Post by tector »

A friend of mine out-of-state wants me to lend him some ammo (he'll replace it when a "new normal" arrives). OK. So I looked to see if there were any new wrinkles to shipping ammo--been years since I did it. Turns out that exactly two months ago the old "ORM-D" sticker was made obsolete. Now nobody may have noticed since there is no ammo to be had, but here's the story (and new sticker) via UPS:

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/p ... rm-d.page?

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/p ... ition.page

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/p ... ited.page?

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Found out the hard way......

Took time off to go to the UPS hub in Tampa.....new sticker required....

"Do you have any" I asked....no....we cant provide labels for packages ....

"So what about the label you stick on it with the shipping info / barcodes ? " ......crickets.....

They told me to just google them and print them up......real fucking handy when I'm standing in the hub with nothing but a flip phone....

My regular hub in Pasco slapped one on every box of ammo I shipped the next day....no problem....the Hub in Tampa near Waters/Anderson is less than worthless
tector

Post by tector »

Villafuego wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:43 pm Found out the hard way......

Took time off to go to the UPS hub in Tampa.....new sticker required....

"Do you have any" I asked....no....we cant provide labels for packages ....

"So what about the label you stick on it with the shipping info / barcodes ? " ......crickets.....

They told me to just google them and print them up......real fucking handy when I'm standing in the hub with nothing but a flip phone....

My regular hub in Pasco slapped one on every box of ammo I shipped the next day....no problem....the Hub in Tampa near Waters/Anderson is less than worthless
They are such a nightmare. The one nearest to me is worse than the frigging post office--and it is in the 'hood.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

South Florida peeps: anyone know if the UPS hub in Hollywood is better than the one in Lauderkill? (It can't be worse, but I suppose it could be equally bad)
Last edited by tector on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Thanks for the info and links, Tector.
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

Broward here. It's slightly better in hollywood, but still hood as it's near Dania.

always bring your own labels, and be prepared to deal with special folks.
tector

Post by tector »

mohshard wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:31 pm Broward here. It's slightly better in hollywood, but still hood as it's near Dania.

always bring your own labels, and be prepared to deal with special folks.
East Dania is being gentrified AF, but the westside--well, it had a nickname in my childhood that I will not repeat.
photohause

Post by photohause »

I used to go to the one in Deerfield, just north of the court house, it was great.
Last edited by photohause on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
tector

Post by tector »

photohause wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:08 pm I used to go to the one in Deerfield, just not of the court house, it was great.
Might be worth the haul--that's how bad the FTL location is.