What is a fair price and safe when selling ammo?

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
revelation

What is a fair price and safe when selling ammo?

Post by revelation »

My brother and myself have used that buy it cheap and stack it deep for several years with brass 9mm and .223. 2020 has been a tough year financially and mentally and we discussed what we might sell and still be ahead of the curve to lower our own debts. Of course we would like to make a little money from the sale but at a fair market value. We are not rich but seeing some ammo prices is just wrong! Not interested in shipping and concerned about meeting a random person that wants to buy that is not a FSN member. Any help would be appreciated.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

It'll be easier to sell as a lot. I've been selling small lots locally and on Gunbroker. Smaller lot = higher price per round.

Unfortunately, the more people you have to deal with, the bigger the pain in the azz...and don't get me started on UPS & FedEx. :evil:

I would be interested in everything you have in one lot.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

^ Agree.

It would be easier to sell it as one or two large lots by caliber on this forum FTF than dealing with the shipping hassles. Unless you have a business account, the shipping costs will be astronomical!

Or you could try getting a table at the local gun show and sell it in smaller lots at a higher price if you have them boxed and if you have the time.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
revelation

Post by revelation »

Flame Red wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:34 pm ^ Agree.

It would be easier to sell it as one or two large lots by caliber on this forum FTF than dealing with the shipping hassles. Unless you have a business account, the shipping costs will be astronomical!

Or you could try getting a table at the local gun show and sell it in smaller lots at a higher price if you have them boxed and if you have the time.
Thanks! I would prefer to do the FTF with a board member. I have been on here 10 years or more so most people are familiar. What do you think is fair to ask for 2k of 9mm or .223? Just standard brass 55 and 115 grain?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

revelation wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:37 am
Flame Red wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:34 pm ^ Agree.

Thanks! I would prefer to do the FTF with a board member. I have been on here 10 years or more so most people are familiar. What do you think is fair to ask for 2k of 9mm or .223? Just standard brass 55 and 115 grain?
Well fair is market value right now. 50r for 9mm is going for about $50. 1k 5.56 is about $650. Anything less then this is more than fair.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

The price of 9MM was $55.00 for 100 round boxes of brass 9MM 115gr
There was also cheaper stuff like $18/50 but it sold in a flash

I have never seen it for $50.00/50 except for high quality JHP (Federal 124/147gr HST)

55gr 223 brass was $10.00 a box at this past weekend gun show but it was higher (asking) by others

Of course the election could be a fall in prices if Trump wins and who knows how high if Biden wins
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I sold 1,500 rounds of .223 for $750. A lot of is was reman from Freedom Munitions. I did the same as you - bought lots of it over a period of about 8 years (Obama) every time there was a dip. I didn't even advertise it. Just word of mouth between a couple of guys that I know.

I still have a ton of 7.62 x 39 Barnaul Golden Bear. I'll sell a couple thousand of that off too.
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

NorincoKid posted a near realtime ammo price feed to the Steals and Deals subforum here.

You might use this as starting point if you plan on meeting with members.

Ammo Tracker , Updated Hourly
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

This is the weirdest auction thread I've ever seen...