Loading..but where?

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
p7fl

Loading..but where?

Post by p7fl »

Kids grown, wife X'd, so downsized a few years ago. Got a great house near the water but tiny.
After 25 years of competing it is time to start loading. Spoke to Dave Dillon yesterday and he told me 48 inches long, 12 inches deep and 50+ inches high.
I can't find that kind of space in the house without making it look and feel overloaded.

Does anyone have a folding type of set up for a 750.Or one i can hide away.
I can't imagine loading in the garage in the summer.
Recommendations?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I had the same issue, and bought a small, square work table from China Freight and a couple of friends helped me out with replacing the cheap top with a double layer of 3/4” plywood, onto which I mounted a Lee turret press on one side and a Lee single press on the other. There isn’t much room left on the table but I can easily set up a small table next to it to organize the loading process. I usually just set up and load while sitting on my bed.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

I have a similar space problem & no garage. Still married but I managed to commandeer one corner of the bedroom & set up a Lee tripod stand from FSReloading which works pretty good for me. https://fsreloading.com/lee-precision-r ... stand.html It's very solid & stable when using the shelf underneath to store heavy components etc. (Instead of hanging a cinder block under it as shown in the photo) It takes up 26" on a side.
Another option also from FSReloading is the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Reloading Stand https://fsreloading.com/frankford-arsen ... 34504.html which folds up for storage when not in use. I don't have any experience with this one but in general, I've been very happy with anything from Frankford Arsenal.

Good luck with your search
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

Bmup:
The Franklin stand looks perfect.
thx !!
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

I have my presses on strong mounts which are mounted to nicely finished pieces of wood. When I reload, I put the setups on my desk and use clamps to secure it to the desk. When I am done, I put the presses on shelves.
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

I was the OP. A few more questions....
It looks like, trying to confirm, that the last owner of my house was a loader. I believe he loaded in the garage. The set up is a perfect work station. It looks like a work station and he worked designing interior spaces and cabinets.
Don't believe he was a high count shooter, I need about 2K rounds a month and am leery about spending that kind of time in the garage during the south summers.
Any of you guys load in the garage?
2nd question: Has anyone mounted a shelf on a concrete wall, there is room in the laundry room if i can get to to stay and be stable?
Thoughts.
thx jon
mraxiomatic

Post by mraxiomatic »

You guys must be married to angels, Im gonna do it in the summer with a fan, kinda like rolling cigars in cuba.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

I have only loaded in the garage, with a ceiling fan and a pedestal! Actually, not too bad! For mounting a shelf on concrete wall, pick up some tap cons and mount a couple 2x4's for stability and then go from there!