A note from Sam @ SGA on what to expect on ammo

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
Wulfmann

A note from Sam @ SGA on what to expect on ammo

Post by Wulfmann »

A lot has changed in the ammo business over the past 45 days as the Covid-19 outbreak created the largest rush to purchase ammo in all of history. Supply has been badly diminished, and bottlenecks in manufacturing and distribution will continue cause shortages for months yet to come. From what I am seeing the worst is yet to come on ammunition availability which I believe will reach its worst in the next 30 to 90 days. The buyer's market conditions which I have talked about in so many prior newsletters that brought ammo prices to 12 year lows in 2018, 2019 and early 2020 have passed. I hope most people followed my advise in the past and stocked up while supply and prices were at their best. At this time supply has for the most part been bought up, most ammo factories and importers have done substantial price increases, and moving forward availability will be limited to what the factories can make and allocate to their distributors. Covid-19 has caused some ammunition factories in Europe and Russia to close and / or reduce production, and most likely that will spill over here to some of the manufacturers in the USA at some point. I'd love to stay positive but realistically there are dark times ahead for the ammunition supply chain. All things considered, I believe we still have some decent deals in stock, admittedly not as good as they were, but not as bad as I expect them to become. If you are sitting on large quantities of ammo it might be wise to sit it out for a while but if you are short in supply it might be a good idea to get a few cases before availability gets worse. We thank you for your support of our family owned and operated business and will do our best to serve our clients well in these strange times, so please stay subscribed for future SGAmmo newsletters. If you have some spare time please take a few minutes and look over the online catalog at www.SGAmmo.com
tector

Post by tector »

He's been pretty candid over the years. With the election coming, it can't be good.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Never had an issue SGA.I like that they show shipping prices with the cost of the product. Solid business, good people.
BIG JOE
joker223

Post by joker223 »

Thanks for posting this Wulfmann! Those prices are not terrible, considering what others are charging. I hate handloading .223, but it's times like this I'm happy I do.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

I've always had good experiences with SGAmmo. But, I just went to see the price on 6.5-CM (Hornady ELD-M).... $1.45 / round! Yowza!

Looks like I won't be shooting my 6.5CM rifle for a while. :cry:
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member