Where You Buying Ammo From

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
Toofiq

Where You Buying Ammo From

Post by Toofiq »

Haven't bought ammo in a while. Used to always buy at Wally World due to price. Where are you finding the best deals at now?
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

Streets
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Did I ever get lucky. I bought ammo about 3 weeks ago from Midway and Natchez at prices only slightly (maybe 10%) above the former going prices. In one case, I got the last box. Then, most of the usual places, the above plus ammoman, were out of stock. After that, the creeps came out of the woodwork, saw them on Armslist, for example. Midway occasionally gets some back in stock at relatively decent prices, but it’s limited and goes quick.

The best one can do (other than constantly cruising the reliable vendors) is trade/barter. You want a premium? OK, I have this, at an even bigger premium. Be prepared to go away with no deal. Just conserve ammo.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I don't buy ammo, I load my own.

Better accuracy.

Powder, primers, bullets, cleaning media, etc. are all available at various places.

Try Google search, works most of the time.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I used to reload when it was a cost issue. Over the past several years, ammo has been cheap enough so it wasn’t worth it, other than the reasons you mention. I’m not at a skill level, nor steady enough for it to matter. However, the latest silliness has been a wake up call. Though it likely is only temporary, things bear watching. I do have limited loading equipment, as in low volume Lee Classic loaders for pistol and shotgun ammo, intended for SHTF. If SHTF, my rifle ammo caliber with easily be picked up. Your advice has a great deal of merit for the younger folks, and they should be acquiring it yesterday.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

REDinFL wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:01 pm If SHTF, my rifle ammo caliber with easily be picked up. Your advice has a great deal of merit for the younger folks, and they should be acquiring it yesterday.
I agree with the SHTF scenario, much to be had if that happens. Wolves will devour the sheep, things will be used to barter with.
Personally I'll barter with no one. In that scenario many folks think it will be all nicey nice with your so called friends and neighbors. They will either take your shit or you'll take theirs. It's just that simple. It will get real bad real fast if that happens and it will bring both the worst and best out of people.

On the other hand reloading is a great skill to become proficient at.............just in case. :mrgreen:

The old saying...........

Buy it cheap and stack it deep !

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

I've been reloading for my handguns for almost 10 years now & I just made up some .357 Magnum yesterday. I'm not sure if I reload to shoot or shoot to reload but i guess I like doing both just fine.

Rifle ammo & .22LR I buy in bulk online & there's a ton of websites to go to where they compile lists of deals for each caliber. Here's one of 'em I use https://gun-deals.com/ammo and there's always https://ammoseek.com/ & https://www.luckygunner.com/.

I just wish one of my local ranges was open. Until then I'm shooting laser cartridges in the house.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I have some 40 s&w ammo coming from targetsports.
They’re busy so it won’t ship for a week or so but This is my usual go to for online ammo.
Free shipping when you buy a case.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

I also bought some from target Sports recently. Took 3 weeks to ship but it is not something that I needed asap. They have pretty good prices. There are several others out there that are good.
billylevy

Post by billylevy »

Please have a look at https://www.bulkcheapammo.com
Last edited by billylevy on Thu May 21, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.