Looking to buy 9mm

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I sold my labor by the hour for $2.76 in 1973. You cannot get my labor now for less than $35.00.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

I had plenty of ammunition of all calibers last month and haven't shot any since. Why do I now feel like I need a lot more...? :)

Jeff
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Wulfmann wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:39 pm Seriously anyone who says what they paid before March 7 might as well compare gas prices to 1968 (less than 30 cents a gallon)

What you paid before this month has absolutely nothing to do with what one can get anything today

I remember a loaf of bread for 10 cents. And what does that have to do with the price of bread today?

I bought an 8 year old car in 1969 for $80.00.
If I tell a guy that is selling a 2012 anything he is gouging if he is asking more than $80.00 because that is what I paid sometime before what things sell for now how is that different than what PSA charged for something they are not going to or are able to this day?

How does that advise anyone looking for 9MM?
What if you say that ancient history price is all he should pay by insinuation and he waits and in 3 weeks $500.00 is all he can find?
Will you promise that guy you will make up the difference?
I say you will be hiding and doing the uh uh uh uh uh uh

Anyone who says they know what any ammo will cost in April, May, June whatever is full of it.
Anyone who thinks if this all ends in a month ammo will be back in stock and back to January prices in less than a year is delusional

Some of you are posting your fantasy as if you have never seen a panic before and have no clue as to the recovery from it

Hello? Is anyone home?

If you want to brag about how smart you were to get it for whatever at least explain you got lucky and that price is long gone in the new world we find right now

IMO
Werewolf man :P I said what I did more out of astonishment of how a virus could do this. I'm well aware of how price fluctuate because of political situations. I was not complaining either.

I'm a strong believer in capitalism and think that market drives prices. But a virus panic buy is a first for me :lol: . I'm very well supplied myself.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
tector

Post by tector »

Last year I sold 10,800 rounds of 5.45. Now I only ~12,000. What should I do? 🤣
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Doriftu

Post by Doriftu »

weaselfire wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:06 pm I had plenty of ammunition of all calibers last month and haven't shot any since. Why do I now feel like I need a lot more...? :)

Jeff
It’s funny you say that. I suddenly feel the urge to buy more too!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:25 pm Werewolf man :P I said what I did more out of astonishment of how a virus could do this. I'm well aware of how price fluctuate because of political situations. I was not complaining either.

I'm a strong believer in capitalism and think that market drives prices. But a virus panic buy is a first for me :lol: . I'm very well supplied myself.
It wasn't directed at anyone just an overall whine I am hearing not only on FSN but pretty much every gun site.
There seem to be a lot of people who are in denial and keep saying stupid things like I paid $160.00 shipped for a case of 9MM why can't you sell it for that (to online sellers)

This caught all of us by surprise and there are no redo's We missed it.

I am sure many have a decent amount and I sure do but I admit had I saw this right I would have dumped a hundred grand on 9MM and 223 in Feb but it don't work like that

Distributors are sold out, as I'm told. What will it be like in May or June is anybody's guess.

My guess, worth as much as you are paying for it, is things will get far worse and not return to cheap prices (if Trump wins reelection) fall of 2021
If Trump loses. never

Point is this: the current higher prices might be the wished I would have bought then because it went from stupid to ridiculous to cray cray to the sky is falling the sky is falling.

Place your bets