streamlight is covered in powder

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
dieselbeef

streamlight is covered in powder

Post by dieselbeef »

so my sd9 had a Streamlight 692602 69260 TLR-1 HL mounted on the rail. killer light..but after a cpl hundred rds the powder has burnt the lens on the light. its burnt. cant clean it off...cant move it back farther either..far as it will go...

I know they'll warranty it but has anyone else had this happen.

I have 3 of these lights..2 on pistols..both sd9's. one on an ar....

ot much I can do about it but never heard of anyone having this issue before
randyc

Post by randyc »

It's most likely caked on lead, which is stubborn to remove. There is a video about it on youtube, but I can't seem to find it. Basically the finish looks worn down to the aluminum, but after using many solvents, it finally started coming off.

Are you talking about the clear part of the lens or aluminum bezel?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

is this a lesson that you should remove the light while shooting during the day and just use it as a night side pistol ??
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:15 am is this a lesson that you should remove the light while shooting during the day and just use it as a night side pistol ??
Then he'll have to re-zero it every time he puts it back on. :lol:
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Skoll wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 am
rentprop1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:15 am is this a lesson that you should remove the light while shooting during the day and just use it as a night side pistol ??
Then he'll have to re-zero it every time he puts it back on. :lol:
is this the one with the worthless laser or just a flashlight ??
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

That ones just the flashlight, I was just making a dumb joke about zeroing it.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

dieselbeef wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:35 pm so my sd9 had a Streamlight 692602 69260 TLR-1 HL mounted on the rail. killer light..but after a cpl hundred rds the powder has burnt the lens on the light. its burnt. cant clean it off...cant move it back farther either..far as it will go...

I know they'll warranty it but has anyone else had this happen.

I have 3 of these lights..2 on pistols..both sd9's. one on an ar....

ot much I can do about it but never heard of anyone having this issue before
Try using toothpaste(actual toothpaste, not tooth gel nonsense) on a q-tip to clean. I've had some really, really burned on carbon on lights that has come off with that combo.