PCC thread

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

gforester wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:53 pm I am pretty partial to my CX4 carbine. It shares mags with my PX4 pistols and with a magwell change it will take my 92FS mags.I have used it in conjunction with my PX4 full size in 2 gun matches and it is accurate out to 100 yards using 115 grain FMJ's loaded to +P specs.

How do you like the CX4? I've been thinking about picking one up to go with my B92 & mags, but read a decent amount of not-so-good reviews on berettaforum about folks having reliability and durability issues.
gforester

Post by gforester »

jwperry wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:34 am ]How do you like the CX4? I've been thinking about picking one up to go with my B92 & mags, but read a decent amount of not-so-good reviews on berettaforum about folks having reliability and durability issues.
No complaints at all with mine. If I had a gripe it would be that with my muzzle shroud, stock spacers, red dot and tactical lite/laser on it, it does have some heft. I upgraded the trigger and hammer with a Sierra Papa kit to improve trigger feel and reliability. They also make an upgraded buffer for it as well but so far the OEM one hasn't been an issue. But then again I haven't put thousands of rounds threw it yet. Since I haven't been using it in any PCC matches for a while it is now mainly just my armadillo gun.

http://sierrapapacx4.com/
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

gforester wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:10 pm
jwperry wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:34 am ]How do you like the CX4? I've been thinking about picking one up to go with my B92 & mags, but read a decent amount of not-so-good reviews on berettaforum about folks having reliability and durability issues.
No complaints at all with mine. If I had a gripe it would be that with my muzzle shroud, stock spacers, red dot and tactical lite/laser on it, it does have some heft. I upgraded the trigger and hammer with a Sierra Papa kit to improve trigger feel and reliability. They also make an upgraded buffer for it as well but so far the OEM one hasn't been an issue. But then again I haven't put thousands of rounds threw it yet. Since I haven't been using it in any PCC matches for a while it is now mainly just my armadillo gun.

http://sierrapapacx4.com/
Thanks for the feedback, time to browse around the Sierra Papa website.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

My next buy is one of the Scorpion Evo micro pistols. They look like a ton of fun!!
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

Flashooter22 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:05 am My next buy is one of the Scorpion Evo micro pistols. They look like a ton of fun!!
One of these is what I really want. Or an MP5 clone.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Well the plan to get a Scorpion Micro was halted because I have no self control and stumbled on a smoking deal for a Scorpion Evo pistol. Price was good enough that I can do tons of mods and still not be in micro price range .

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Has anyone owned/shot a Hi Point PCC? I've had three of them, two 995TS and one 4095TS. They're ugly and heavy...but they just work. Never had an issue with any of them and they were all really pleasant to shoot. Only real downside is the 10-round capacity limitation. Red Ball came out with a couple of different 20-round options though and I generally here that they function well.

Still have one 995TS. Forgot I even had it in the back of a closet. Makes a great truck/trunk gun. It's inexpensive, you don't mind if it gets scuffed up but it shoots and is actually quite accurate. And I just learned there is a conversion Bullpup kit to put lipstick on the pig :mrgreen:

3rd page with video and pics;

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=496

Also some ballistic information here;

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15

You have to put some thought into ammo selection so that the bullet isn't taken outside of it's design window. Figure out of a 16 inch barrel a 115 gains +/- 300 fps, 124 gains +/-200 fps and a 147 stays about the same. +P can change the equation a bit. Obviously FMJ won't have a dramatic a change.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Skeezix

Post by Skeezix »

I am really enjoying my Ruger PCC.
Shares mags with my SR9, but could also use Glock mags.