NOTICE: NEW BST RULES coming soon! Input requested

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

gforester wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:05 pm
Skoll wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 pm
gforester wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 am
What is there to debate, Ford all the way!
All the way to the scrap yard.
Towing a Chevy! Is it true that on a quiet night you can hear a Chevy rusting? :D
I mean, probably. Can't say much for the plastic Fords that break and you can't even salvage.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Skoll wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:00 pm
Skoll wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 pm

All the way to the scrap yard.
Towing a Chevy! Is it true that on a quiet night you can hear a Chevy rusting? :D
I mean, probably. Can't say much for the plastic Fords that break and you can't even salvage.
Whats a Ford or a Chevy?
I'm not familiar with these. :lol:
Only Jeep for me.
And it has to be a Wrangler 2 door, REAL Jeeps have 2 doors or no doors at all, but definitely not 4.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:33 pm
Skoll wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:00 pm

Whats a Ford or a Chevy?
I'm not familiar with these. :lol:
Only Jeep for me.
And it has to be a Wrangler 2 door, REAL Jeeps have 2 doors or no doors at all, but definitely not 4.
Real pick-up trucks only have two doors and 8 foot beds.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Guys, stay on track or I close the thread.
Ben V.

Post by Ben V. »

I know that Im a bit late on this topic, but i thought that Id share a few thoughts and my experience on this subject from the days when i helped admin/moderate the saiga12 forums...

one thing i would point out is you have a typo in the rules you have posted. "tread" is mispelled in all copies, some people are put off by simple things like that. me personally, casual posts like this im not so worried about but anything to do with money or property should be done as precise as possible...

anyway...one of the rules we implemented (that isnt there any more apparantly since the website format changed), is we limited for sale threads to only be started by contributing members. in this forum's case, you cant do that (as far as I can see you arent set up for it ATM), however, this was mainly done to make people accountable for their thread post/product, as we then had confirmed information on that member through the financial transaction, if even only a 5 dollar contribution. this did not stop people from coming in donating five dollars, then only posting stuff for sale, however, and when we implemented minimum number of posts restrictions, we got a lot of junk posts from new members....posts consisting of only LOL or HAHAH or crap like that.

one thing we did enforce was the selling price. it was not permitted to up it, unless some made a serious mistake in what they had for sale. there was one memorable case that i handled in which the seller had a very rare version of a luger and had mispriced it by more than 1000$. it was caught simultaniously by myself and a member, and i locked the thread and contacted the selling member directly and informed them of the error, much to their surprise.

we had a first to post "i will take it" has dibs rule. we DID allow an OBO option, but it had to be within reason. we would lock the thread after a few days of the last offer and call it that. no infinite auctions, we werent gunbroker.

when the item sold, we required you to mark it in the description as well as the topic, and request the thread to be locked by staff. we also asked that the selling price remain for future reference purposes.

very rarely did we have a bad transaction, but when there was, there was enough information to resolve the matter by the buyer. keep in mind we had some major players on staff as far as IT and security goes, as well as having many well respected members of the law enforcement community that we could call upon. ...nevermind what the members would do in shaming bad sellers across the gun community.

the other thing we enforced was co-posting items. you had to say where it was cross-listed if you did so.

dunno if this helps at all, but this was all implemented at the height of the craziness on that forum and worked well in our situation. your situation is similiar in the fact that this is a specific niche (florida) of the gun community, whereas we were a niche firearm forum, so your members were like ours....all users from other forums, which is a great resource to consider...

BVamp
srqsteve

Post by srqsteve »

Too many guys since the 'restart' haven't posted location; in my book that's very important. I also agree with the comments about posting pictures! Get with the program; it's way too easy! Go to imgur.com
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

srqsteve wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:29 am Too many guys since the 'restart' haven't posted location; in my book that's very important. I also agree with the comments about posting pictures! Get with the program; it's way too easy! Go to imgur.com
The problem is that I cannot force them to do so. What I can do is delete ANY topic from ANYONE if they don't respect the rules. I can also link the forum to an outside script but it would also mean that some people may no come in the forum at all.
Situationalray

Post by Situationalray »

Can we make a rule no crying in the bst forum?
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Situationalray wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:32 pm Can we make a rule no crying in the bst forum?
Are you referring to your 80% lower that are in the firearms section ?
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I always thought the old sections were "Firearm & Related" and "Non-Firearm/Other". Its been awhile though

IE Guns, Ammo, Optics, Parts were GTG for the Firearms sections and a lawnmower, vehicle or couch etc were to be in the "other".