NOTICE: NEW BST RULES coming soon! Input requested

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Pictures should be required.
I know what a set of GP100 grips w/ the rubber inserts should look like, but I don't know what the ones you're selling look like
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

flcracker wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:31 pm
milsurp wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm How about no bumping without a price reduction. I see the same items bumped multiple times with a btt. If your item was priced right it would have sold when posted the first time.
I disagree.. A 7- or 14-day bump policy is fair. Similar to re-listing on GB without changing your buy-it-now price.

Pictures are good but shouldn't be required - do we really need to insist that someone selling a box of ammo post a picture of the bullitz?

Constructive comments and reasonable pertinent questions should be allowed in the thread- disparaging comments and random BS should result in a vacation.

Location and area available for FTF deal should be required, if applicable for a FTF deal. No reason to require it if shipping is offered

WTT ads should include at least one item that would turn your crank. "Let me know what you have to trade" ads are simply a waste of everyone's time and should result in a vacation.
I agree with this set of rules. I don't feel photos should be mandatory. Some things just are what they are, and people meeting FTF can verify. If someone is having something shipped, I can see the idea of a photo, but that can be done via e-mail. I don't want to screw around with imgur/photobucket nor do I want photos of my stuff online for robots to see. Even on forums which allow direct posting of photos I've had requests from people for custom photos (like I have a Hasselblad any more: I use a cell phone camera). If one is seriously interested, give me an e-mail and I'll send all I can.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm do we really need to insist that someone selling a box of ammo post a picture of the bullitz?
You completely missed my point here.

If I HAD seen a picture of the BOX, I would have known that the guy was selling GAME KINGS and advertising them as MATCH KINGS and it would have saved me a bunch of trouble.

I would never in a million years post something for sale without a picture and anyone who cant perform that ridiculously simple procedure shouldn't even have a computer in the first place!

flcracker

Post by flcracker »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:34 pm If I HAD seen a picture of the BOX, I would have known that the guy was selling GAME KINGS and advertising them as MATCH KINGS and it would have saved me a bunch of trouble.]
Or, the guy who couldn't manage to read the label on the box and post it correctly could have been held accountable for his carelessness (or outright lying).
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:34 pm
CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm do we really need to insist that someone selling a box of ammo post a picture of the bullitz?
You completely missed my point here.

If I HAD seen a picture of the BOX, I would have known that the guy was selling GAME KINGS and advertising them as MATCH KINGS and it would have saved me a bunch of trouble.

I would never in a million years post something for sale without a picture and anyone who cant perform that ridiculously simple procedure shouldn't even have a computer in the first place!

I didn't make that comment about bullets; it was part of a larger quote from someone else. Indeed, in the example cited, simple correct wording would have sufficed, as that was the problem.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Cwt7691

Post by Cwt7691 »

BST worked well without the requirement of pictures since the start of this fine Forum. My opinion is it should not be required as I have bought, horse traded and sold many items without issues. When pictures were needed they were sent.
Member since the early days
Semper Fi
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Tend to agree. Unless it is something unusual it is probably going to look just like every other one of that model.

However, there are times I would like to see a picture of an item. I also understand pictures can be misrepresentative of the actual gun.

Kind of a Ford Chevy debate.
gforester

Post by gforester »

n0rlf wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:29 am Kind of a Ford Chevy debate.
What is there to debate, Ford all the way!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

gforester wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 am
All the way to the scrap yard.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
gforester

Post by gforester »

Skoll wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 pm
gforester wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 am
All the way to the scrap yard.
Towing a Chevy! Is it true that on a quiet night you can hear a Chevy rusting? :D