NOTICE: NEW BST RULES coming soon! Input requested

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

Greg wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:21 pm I am a bit stubborn yes but my mom says I’m a catch 👍
Say Greggy...if Rent hasn't spoken for you I'm looking for a catch! :D
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

charliedwsr wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 am
Greg wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:21 pm I am a bit stubborn yes but my mom says I’m a catch 👍
Charlie, at your age I figured you would settle for someone who couldn't squirm and get away :mrgreen:
charliedwsr

Post by charliedwsr »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:36 am
charliedwsr wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 am
Charlie, at your age I figured you would settle for someone who couldn't squirm and get away :mrgreen:
Oh Rent...I STILL LOVE YOU! MMMMMMUAH!
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
handlebar

Post by handlebar »

Two suggestions, hopefully not mentioned earlier.
1. No comments on a for sale post unless you want to buy. All other communications, regardless of the issue should be via PM as not to clutter the thread. This is done on other forums and if you comment on a thread extraneously you get a warning. Too many warnings you are suspended for a period of time.

2. I worry about having a post limit. Before FSN crashed a while ago, I had hundreds of posts, now only 22. Limit posting to those on the FSN forum for a period of time. That time period can be determined by administrators. Don't just have newbies trying to sell something and then never hear from them again.

3. Pictures of items are good.

4. Location is good and will let a member figure out if they want to travel for an item or have it sent.
milsurp

Post by milsurp »

How about no bumping without a price reduction. I see the same items bumped multiple times with a btt. If your item was priced right it would have sold when posted the first time.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Ok. So we have a lot of input. I will get something out together in the next couple days and back to the members. Thanks all for the feedback.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

milsurp wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm How about no bumping without a price reduction. I see the same items bumped multiple times with a btt. If your item was priced right it would have sold when posted the first time.
I disagree.. A 7- or 14-day bump policy is fair. Similar to re-listing on GB without changing your buy-it-now price.

Pictures are good but shouldn't be required - do we really need to insist that someone selling a box of ammo post a picture of the bullitz?

Constructive comments and reasonable pertinent questions should be allowed in the thread- disparaging comments and random BS should result in a vacation.

Location and area available for FTF deal should be required, if applicable for a FTF deal. No reason to require it if shipping is offered

WTT ads should include at least one item that would turn your crank. "Let me know what you have to trade" ads are simply a waste of everyone's time and should result in a vacation.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

flcracker wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:31 pm
WTT ads should include at least one item that would turn your crank. "Let me know what you have to trade" ads are simply a waste of everyone's time and should result in a vacation.
can't really agree with that, I had a deal with Odessaman about 2 months later with a gun ( S&W3953) he wanted to trade for.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:29 am
flcracker wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:31 pm
can't really agree with that, I had a deal with Odessaman about 2 months later with a gun ( S&W3953) he wanted to trade for.
Yeah, on further thought, I agree with you. It would at least be nice to know the approximate value that someone has in mind, but I can see how someone might just be wanting to swap out for something that makes their britches itch with little regard for cash value.

Suggestion withdrawn.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

photohause wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:04 am
rentprop1 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:58 pm
TC6969 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:44 pm

It is absolutely mind boggling that a grown man cant do something that a 6 year old kid can do with his eyes closed simply because he wont take the 5 minutes it takes to learn. :roll:

The real head scratcher is the guy who goes to all the trouble to post an IMGUR link and doesn't realize that he's only two more mouse clicks away from actually posting the picture!
yeah, but if someone is selling a regular run of the mill 10/22 blued with a wood stock, do you really need to see pics if its accurately described as near mint or LNIB, or beat to shit ??
Yes, I do...one person's idea of LNIB 10 out of ten might be different from yours viewing it as 6 out of 10
I just remembered something!

Here is a perfect example of why pictures are a good idea

I bought several boxes of Sierra Match King bullets from an arfcommer and received GAME KINGS.

Even though everyone knows what a box of bullets looks like, I could have saved myself an ordeal if I had seen a picture of the box.