And they always said "we don't want to take away all guns"!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
45caldan

And they always said "we don't want to take away all guns"!

Post by 45caldan »

The Left always says "we don't want to take away all guns.....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-awa ... 00418.html
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

45caldan wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:51 am The Left always says "we don't want to take away all guns.....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-awa ... 00418.html
Wow. ALL of the anti-gun major talking points, proven false statistics and misinformation in one place! No comments allowed because your opinion doesn't matter. We'll tell you what to think.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Lies are more believable than truth for most. It's easier to pretend that some people aren't inherently bad and all this crime will suddenly disappear if guns were banned.

We NEED guns for self-defense because some people suck. Period. That is reality.
Allme

Post by Allme »

zeebaron wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:02 am Lies are more believable than truth for most. It's easier to pretend that some people aren't inherently bad and all this crime will suddenly disappear if guns were banned.

We NEED guns for self-defense because some people suck. Period. That is reality.
How about... I need a gun because... "Its none of your f**king business period." Time to stop offering reasons, stop giving one single inch. Its that "I can sort of see where they are coming from, just give them this so they won't take that" mentality that has led to the NFA, GOPA and other nonsensical legislation.... Where the hell do We The People draw the f**king line?

Between the red flag laws, the media is firing up their "every veteran has PTSD" undertones... Then those two LEOs who shot p that gun owner in Maryland to take his guns, which once upheld as a "lawful" homicide you can kiss your guns good bye.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

A reprinted article from some snow flake at harpers bazzar who throws off the gun confiscation of the jews under hitler yet wrote another article claiming taking away passports leads to genocide like what happened under hitler.

Doesn't get it, never will. The same amount of people according to her US gun deaths were killed by drunk drivers yet there is no call for confiscating cars.
You just can't fix stupid.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Precedent has already been set. I’ll never forget the gun confiscation that occurred after Katrina.
Buy two copies of John Lott’s book and give one to your local anti-gun nut:
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

There are going to be fans of the second amendment who respond to that by saying, “Well, the right to bear arms wasn’t in the constitution in other countries.” Yeah, the constitution includes what’s commonly referred to as an Elastic Clause. It’s Article 1, Section 8 and it grants congress the power “To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.” It’s commonly understood that the founders included that clause because they could not accurately anticipate the needs of the populace, say, 250 years in the future.e, the founding Fathers, can not realize what future

Hmmmm......I interpret this "Elastic Clause" as: We cannot foresee what will be necessary for our citizens to protect their freedom & rights. Therefore we grant the power to congress to secure what is necessary to do so, to ensure our citizens can protect their freedom & rights we guarantee in the Constitution.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

The power to make laws rests with Congress, but the power to nullify those laws rests squarely with the individual states.
We need our states to stand up and push back against the national government seated in D.C. whenever the Congress or the White House or the Supreme Court oversteps their authority and dictates terms to the individual states, as powers granted to the central government by the Constitution are few and defined whereas powers granted to the states are numerous and undefined.
The return to federalism (the individual states’ primacy over the central government) is the only way forward for the citizens of this country in the 21st century. Anything less will result in more of the same.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

As in Marbury vs. Madison, any law repugnant to the Constitution is null and void.

The bimbo writing the article expects the "elastic clause" to make moral relativism an Article.

This same bimbo probably expects everyone to come running to her defense and stick out their necks should something be happening to her. Reminds me of an event in NYC about 25-30 years ago. Some young thing was crossing a busy street when some thug tried to mug her and grabbed her bag. Several men stopped him and grabbed him. She screeched "Oh, don't hurt him!"

Looking at the voting numbers, even tossing out a generous amount for frauds, I see too many people have gone to the left and childish ideology. So, in keeping with the earlier observation, I certainly won't risk myself helping out any of the idiots. Since the election results prove that it's even-money to have an idiot, I'll keep to myself. The bimbo writer is just a sample.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.