So what should be buying now, before the storm?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

jjk308 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:03 am It's deja vu all over again. All gun confiscation threats have done is make everyone run out and buy more guns. 347,000,000 at the latest good estimate and going up by close to 15,000,000 a year.
I think it is a very real threat that Florida could eventually adopt gun restrictions similar to California. It has not worked out too well for California residents... I have family in New York state that seem to be restricted as to what they can own and/or purchase. It is so interesting how politics swing. Just a couple years ago, there was a firearm related show on much of the time. Now, all of those shows seem to have disappeared.

Also, I know many thought it was delusional to think that suppressors would be removed from the NFA list but it definitely seemed like there was a slim chance just 2 years ago. Now, it doesn't seem to be conceivable in the future.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

jjk308 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:03 am It's deja vu all over again. All gun confiscation threats have done is make everyone run out and buy more guns. 347,000,000 at the latest good estimate and going up by close to 15,000,000 a year.
Except our current leader hasn't made any threats, so gun sales are very slow now. But a few years ago, every time Obozo would flap his gums, the FFL's I know would have huge smiles at the end of a gun show. They're not smiling now. GARY
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 pm
Except our current leader hasn't made any threats, so gun sales are very slow now. But a few years ago, every time Obozo would flap his gums, the FFL's I know would have huge smiles at the end of a gun show. They're not smiling now. GARY
When you factor in about 17% inflation since he got elected in 2008, guns & ammo have gone down in price significantly more than people realize.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Greg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 pm Fair enough. Carry on. I’ve been building stripped lowers like crazy for cheap and stacking em deep along w bcgs.
These were a hot commodity. I had a few lowers and no bcgs and boy were they expensive lol. I still think ammo and mags are the best way to go.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

zeebaron wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:31 pm
N4KVE wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 pm
When you factor in about 17% inflation since he got elected in 2008, guns & ammo have gone down in price significantly more than people realize.
Not curios and relics, just types in current production like ARs. "Collecting" something that's pouring off a production line is not a wise choice.
Situationalray

Post by Situationalray »

tector wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 pm
Greg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 pm I think this entire post is stupid. Senate, presidency and Supreme Court are controlled by the GOP. Almost all of FL is GOP controlled. 2 GOP senators in Fl since the 1800’s. Stop fear mongering
So you saw that Floeida gun bill coming last year? Well, you are a better man than most of us.

The only people subject to "fear" are those not prepared. Witness what happens when a hurricane approaches. Talking about preparing BEFORE a storm is not "fear mongering."

Feel free to ignore any discussion here that offends you.
Another panic thread, really? :lol:
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

With how cheap AR stuff is, I don't think grabbing a lower or two and stashing them in the safe is a bad idea at all. I think it will be highly unlikely they' dive much cheaper than they are right now.
tector

Post by tector »

Situationalray wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:59 am
tector wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 pm
Greg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 pm I think this entire post is stupid. Senate, presidency and Supreme Court are controlled by the GOP. Almost all of FL is GOP controlled. 2 GOP senators in Fl since the 1800’s. Stop fear mongering
So you saw that Floeida gun bill coming last year? Well, you are a better man than most of us.

The only people subject to "fear" are those not prepared. Witness what happens when a hurricane approaches. Talking about preparing BEFORE a storm is not "fear mongering."

Feel free to ignore any discussion here that offends you.
Another panic thread, really? :lol:
Yeah, the panicked tone here is terrifying.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Greg

Post by Greg »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:20 pm
Greg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 pm Fair enough. Carry on. I’ve been building stripped lowers like crazy for cheap and stacking em deep along w bcgs.
These were a hot commodity. I had a few lowers and no bcgs and boy were they expensive lol. I still think ammo and mags are the best way to go.
Stock up on Aero M4E1 stripped lowers all day for $90 👍
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Greg

Post by Greg »

Some of these Black Friday gun deals are insane good this year
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009