So what should be buying now, before the storm?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

So what should be buying now, before the storm?

Post by tector »

The days of the Democrats being afraid to openly push "gun control" are over. Marion Hammer's hammerlock on the Florida legislature, even when controlled by the GOP, is done.

The Dems now have the House, solidly. What will happen in 2020 as to the President and Senate no one can possibly know right now.

Prices are pretty good (relatively) right now. I suggest, in this order:

Full capacity mags
"Assault rifles"
Body armor
Ammo

Note: as we have seen with the bump stocks, I think the days of "pre-ban" and "post-ban" type distinctions are over going forward. So the next time they limit mags, they will just make full capacity mags illegal, outright (several states have done so already). So prepare to be an outlaw.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I think I will invest in moving when the time comes instead.
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

Based on previous failed legislation, they'll allow you to keep "evil" guns. However, they must be registered, and when you die, you will not be allowed to hand them down to a beneficiary.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I think this entire post is stupid. Senate, presidency and Supreme Court are controlled by the GOP. Almost all of FL is GOP controlled. 2 GOP senators in Fl since the 1800’s. Stop fear mongering
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
tector

Post by tector »

Greg wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:41 pm I think this entire post is stupid. Senate, presidency and Supreme Court are controlled by the GOP. Almost all of FL is GOP controlled. 2 GOP senators in Fl since the 1800’s. Stop fear mongering
So you saw that Floeida gun bill coming last year? Well, you are a better man than most of us.

The only people subject to "fear" are those not prepared. Witness what happens when a hurricane approaches. Talking about preparing BEFORE a storm is not "fear mongering."

Feel free to ignore any discussion here that offends you.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Greg

Post by Greg »

Fair enough. Carry on. I’ve been building stripped lowers like crazy for cheap and stacking em deep along w bcgs.
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

AR’s are the cheapest they’ve ever been. $400. Magpul 30 round mags are $10. 1000 rounds quality 223/556 US ammo $250. Buy now. GARY.
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

@tector Didn't you mean before the nukes in the title ?
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

It is almost unconscionable for me to believe that there is a group of Americans that believe something that I purchased legally should be taken from my possession by people that are ignorant about that item. I purchased the item(s) legally but others are going to take it away?!?! Yet, it has happened in other states and it is a real possibility that it will happen in more states.
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

It's deja vu all over again. All gun confiscation threats have done is make everyone run out and buy more guns. 347,000,000 at the latest good estimate and going up by close to 15,000,000 a year.