Fall back tonight...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Post by tector »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:17 pm
tector wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:22 pm It creates a 5th continental time zone in fall and winter. It will never happen, which is what everybody paying attention knew when the bill passed in Florida.

Next.
What does this mean tector?
If Florida kept DST through the year, then right now (into March) Florida (or at least the part in the Eastern Time Zone, which is almost all of it by population) would be one hour ahead of everybody else in the Eastern U.S. We would, actually, be on the same time as Puerto Rico, Atlantic Standard Time.

So, in the continental U.S., during those months you would have (from left to right on your map) PST, MST, CST, EST and (in stupid old Florda only) AST.

All commerce, transportation, media was long ago "set" to deal with the U.S. having 4 continental time zones. Nobody is going change things for Florida alone. If other states joined in, then maybe.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Simple solution, Tector. Put the entire USA on permanent DST. Or permanent standard time - either one. I don't care as long as there's no change, ever!

I'd like to put the entire world on permanent Greenwich Mean Time so we don't have any confusion while traveling but that's probably not gonna happen any time soon.
photohause

Post by photohause »

You mean we would all be Puerto Ricans?
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

photohause wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 am You mean we would all be Puerto Ricans?
Please no.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

photohause wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 am You mean we would all be Puerto Ricans?
Then you wouldn't need any clocks or calendars - Just memorize this handy phrase:
“Oye yo sé que te debo el dinero, pero por favor dame un break, este mes te pago.”
(“Hey I know that I owe you money, but give me a break, this month I will pay you.”)
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^Funny you would know this....
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »