Battleship USS Iowa (Heavy Pictures)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Battleship USS Iowa (Heavy Pictures)

Post by lakelandman »

I have to say a must see they did lose 47 men in the center gun room killed I have pictures of some of the damage parts.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin »

Outstanding photos. Thanks for posting.
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

My brother served on the Iowa. His GQ station was loading one of the 16-inch guns.

PS... I served on the USS Independence. :D
Last edited by Racer88 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
patw

Post by patw »

Thanks for sharing the pics. It amazes me at how these things are assembled with so many different parts. The size of those ships are also amazing.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I wore my USS Iowa shirt to the polls last week and at least three people asked me if I had served aboard it. (the shirt was a gift from a friend who went there). It really is an amazing piece of history, I have some of the plank wood as well. Hope to see it myself someday.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
gforester

Post by gforester »

Skoll wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:18 pm I wore my USS Iowa shirt to the polls last week and at least three people asked me if I had served aboard it. (the shirt was a gift from a friend who went there). It really is an amazing piece of history, I have some of the plank wood as well. Hope to see it myself someday.
Mobile Bay isn't all that far. You can tour the USS Alabama there and also a WWII sub at battleship park. I have been there twice and it is a real treat. Those gun turrets are freaking awesome.
Jim

Post by Jim »

My Uncle served on the North Carolina from the time she entered WW 2 until the end of the war and then he got called back for Korea.