Opinions Spirt Airlines

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

Opinions Spirt Airlines

Post by Ger42 »

Taking a trip to New Orleans looking a Sprint less then a 2 hr flight.
Looking for experience you have had with them.
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

A two hour fight as long as the plane gets in the air, :mrgreen: by the time you sit down and get comfortable it'll be time to get off .... :roll: :roll: believe I took that to Atlanta, short flight don't make much difference which airline ...
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Never flown Spirit.

Southwest can do round trip from FLL to MSY for about $150, no stops, 2 bags included. Check the low fare calendar.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Make sure that you do not have to cancel your ticket. To me they fucking suck! Straight pieces of shit. I had to cancel a ticket and they dont refund. Totally a bad experience. No corporate number to call. Talking to people in 3rd world countries. Do a little research on them and you will see. Wish i had done that first.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Spirit is the absolute worst airline experience you can have short of a plane crash. You are charged for everything so for the traveler with no bags, short flight, you might see value otherwise I avoid them, yet they are always busy because most travelers want to save a few bucks. They get bottom feeder status at most airports so if flights are delayed due to bad weather at your destination airport, they are last to get green lighted for a terminal spot.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

My son just flew Spirit Airlines and it was a bad experience, he was cramped (seats are cramped, no leg room) and his flight was delayed on the tarmac because of mechanical issues. He states he will never fly them again. His flight was a little over two hours from Orlando to Houston and back.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Allegiant and Spirt have economy flights, they pack them in like sardines, if you notice it says less leg room when picking a seat, the seats are usually ( at least with Allegiant ) hard plastic seats with the flotation device as a seat cushion, they don't have long flights, so passenger comfort is given up for a cheap flight
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Several years ago, my wife was returning from a "grandkids trip" to Chicago. She had bought her tickets well in advance but when she got to the airport she found out that Spirit had canceled her flight because they hadn't sold enough seats. No phone call or notification of any kind. They just canceled it. We swore to them we would never fly Spirit ever again & we haven't. Fukkem.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
mgunner

Post by mgunner »

flown them once, only once never again
nickel and dime you for everything
MARK

Post by MARK »

One thing I can say. If you choose to fly Spirit make sure that you don't book on the last flight of the day. With their record, you could be waiting HOURS for your plane to show up, if it shows at all.