Whats Up With People Blocking license Plates In Ads?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:08 pm
rentprop1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:14 pm ...grab the plate, have your LEO buddy run it...
One public records request to FLHSMV to determine who ran my plate, I then own that cop, his pension and his Department will have a bronze plaque with my name on their lobby wall. ;)

Nonetheless, if someone does happen to run my plate, they'll see this when they roll up to my registered address... :lol:
pfft :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: every repo man in the world has plate scanners these days, now I don't know exactly what they can see, but with the way information systems cross reference at the click of a button today, I'd bet they can see a lot more than year, make, and model.....

and my shit is registered to a PO box as well as my DL....
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm
pfft :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: every repo man in the world has plate scanners these days, now I don't know exactly what they can see, but with the way information systems cross reference at the click of a button today, I'd bet they can see a lot more than year, make, and model.....

Tow companies can access, but again...who requested it will be recorded with FLHSMV. Run my plate (illegally) and I pick my teeth with your bank statements. :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Droknows

Post by Droknows »

What is running your plate illegally? If I’m at a red light I used to run every tag I saw. Nothing illegal about it. All they would have to say IF they got caught is that they ran your tag at a light….
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pmevery repo man in the world has plate scanners these days, now I don't know exactly what they can see, but with the way information systems cross reference at the click of a button today, I'd bet they can see a lot more than year, make, and model.....

They pay to subscribe to a database of vehicles where the owner quit making payments, & the lending institution has issued a repo order. So they cruise parking lots going up & down rows of hundreds of cars looking for one that’s on the list. GARY.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Droknows wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:29 pm What is running your plate illegally? If I’m at a red light I used to run every tag I saw. Nothing illegal about it. All they would have to say IF they got caught is that they ran your tag at a light….
If someone shows up at my front door after (I suspect) they've obtained info from my plate, I would turn hell loose on FLHSMV until I had a list of who ran the plate. If it was determined an officer ran my plate without cause (e.g. I was never in their jurisdiction; wasn't on the streets during their shift, etc.), I would have my lawyer file against the officer, their agency and the State for million$$$.

See: https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20 ... /801251248

The officers went right for Florida's Driver and Vehicle Information Database (DAVID), a technically confidential bank of information on every driver in the state, which vengeful officers are caught abusing all the time. In all, Watts sued 88 officers from various departments across Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties — and 83 of them settled with her because computers note every DAVID search and it was extremely clear her private information had been compromised.
Droknows

Post by Droknows »

Don’t need to go to DAVID to run a plate. And I think your idea of tracking down who ran is a lot harder than you think. Also, private investigator, repo men, regular tow companies have access to links for getting Tag info.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Droknows wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:00 am Don’t need to go to DAVID to run a plate. And I think your idea of tracking down who ran is a lot harder than you think. Also, private investigator, repo men, regular tow companies have access to links for getting Tag info.
You need DAVID for personal info (e g. address), not 28's/29's. Repo, towing, etc. are all logged/traceable.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

all this is hilarious license plate and shit, and you ain't hiding from nobody......your mailman knows more about you that you think :roll:

that discrete package from China post may look square but it still feels like a jelly dong inside :mrgreen:
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

People have been sandblasting them so they can go through tolls as well.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

lakelandman wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:12 pm People have been sandblasting them so they can go through tolls as well.
I assume that's the same reason some people put those dark smoke-colored plastic covers over their tag? 🤔
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)