How's the bst forums in here?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Legio wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:37 pm You never told me anything.
Since you are viewing this thread LMA
If I wanted to sell primers (as an example) CCI SP $200K, CCI LP $150K, CCI SR $100K, and CCI LR $50K plus Federal match SRAR15 $125K and CCI#41 $175K can I list CCI SP $200K, and in title say + others or do I have to make 6 separate listings or can I just list the SP in the ad then post a reply with all the other stuff?????

To offer for sale say "reloading supplies" and have 10 different primers 10 different powders 8 sets of dies 2 different presses +++++ well you get the idea and have to run a separate thread for each could bury every other ad on the forum

It seems while I understand the basic idea of what you are doing there should be a curve and mods should be able to show a little discretion
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I always try an show some lee way before approving some things,like you said listing each one separately is pretty much,uhh stupid,I agree, but I have had the "parts for sale" and "gun for sale",and that was the add heading.
Bumping adds just cause you think its "cool" or "I'd get that if I could" ,yea,other people bitch about the unneeded comments.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I don't wanna sound like a hall monitor, but why was it being so strictly enforced in the past and lately its like no one was watching or gave a shit.....I gave up posting for fear they would be removed, yeah sure, you say its as easy as a copy and paste, well no its not you're basically changing everything except for the stupid brackets :roll: the brackets are the dumbest thing about typing that, and yes the fear if its wrong, someone with " that chip on their shoulder " I was referring to would remove the post, I definitely don't have the time to post twice, especially uploading pics, retyping all that jazz, etc, when all the basic info was there, but just because of something misplaced in the title or no brackets :roll:

the system wasn't broke before.....so where are all these whiny little bitch or bitches who complained ??
the BST never grew because of the rule changes......there was no flood of posts because of the brackets.

no one ever complained in the open so I figured it was someone who rose to power and then just started creating rules for me but not for thee!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

rentprop1 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:53 pm I don't wanna sound like a hall monitor, but why was it being so strictly enforced in the past and lately its like no one was watching or gave a shit.....I gave up posting for fear they would be removed, yeah sure, you say its as easy as a copy and paste, well no its not you're basically changing everything except for the stupid brackets :roll: the brackets are the dumbest thing about typing that, and yes the fear if its wrong, someone with " that chip on their shoulder " I was referring to would remove the post, I definitely don't have the time to post twice, especially uploading pics, retyping all that jazz, etc, when all the basic info was there, but just because of something misplaced in the title or no brackets :roll:

the system wasn't broke before.....so where are all these whiny little bitch or bitches who complained ??
the BST never grew because of the rule changes......there was no flood of posts because of the brackets.

no one ever complained in the open so I figured it was someone who rose to power and then just started creating rules for me but not for thee!
you sound like one. Enough of this now.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

One more thing. if you're not satisfied, you're more than welcome to take over. I shut down the site, send you the database anywhere you want and you take over. I am tired of all this now.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Molivo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:04 pm Yea but honestly it was a solution to a non existent problem.
No argument here - that said, it's "our" choice to use it or not.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
George W

Post by George W »

The BST and FSN in general took a big traffic hit with the rise of Social Media. Since facebook and others banned guns sales, the BST here should have made a comeback as sites like Ar15.com did. It really hasn't, and I don't know why. The formatting of the title may be a reason, but I don't think it is THE reason.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Legio wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:13 am
rentprop1 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:53 pm I don't wanna sound like a hall monitor, but why was it being so strictly enforced in the past and lately its like no one was watching or gave a shit.....I gave up posting for fear they would be removed, yeah sure, you say its as easy as a copy and paste, well no its not you're basically changing everything except for the stupid brackets :roll: the brackets are the dumbest thing about typing that, and yes the fear if its wrong, someone with " that chip on their shoulder " I was referring to would remove the post, I definitely don't have the time to post twice, especially uploading pics, retyping all that jazz, etc, when all the basic info was there, but just because of something misplaced in the title or no brackets :roll:

you sound like one. Enough of this now.
sorry buddy, wasn't directed towards you, I appreciate everything you've always done for FSN, I saw where you took a little notice when Matt mentioned kinda the same thing I was saying thats all
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:17 pm sorry buddy, wasn't directed towards you, I appreciate everything you've always done for FSN, I saw where you took a little notice when Matt mentioned kinda the same thing I was saying thats all
The title is my idea, so of course it is directed toward me. If it is the only thing that bothers people then they’re not bothered with much. The is a simple copy and paste to do. No need to stretch your fingers across the keyboard to type the stupid bracket. Doing it this way makes all the titles tidy and I can view right away if I am interested by an item or not. I don’t have to click on it and read the whole thing to know that I am not interested. If I could automate it, I would.

The notice to Matt was because him and I are friends. We are speaking on other levels and he didn’t mention it to me. I didn’t know that it was a problem with him too.

Now you know I am always open to discussions. You cannot say that there is any moderation anywhere except than in the BST. After the crash, I received plenty of messages of people complaining about what was happening in that section. We even had a pro section because people complained about commercial sellers. When I started the thread about the BST rules, barely anybody joined the conversation. In final, not many did. After that, basically nobody complained. To me the matter was settled.

Remember that this board doesn’t belong to me.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I’ll say from my own experience that the mods have been flexible and reasonable as far as my titles have been concerned. I try to get as close as possible to the original intent as posted, but sometimes have to bend it a bit though I try to keep it close.

I like the idea of the location in the title, since I like to do FTF.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.