How's the bst forums in here?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

If everyone put their location under their profile pic
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

TonyR wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm If everyone put their location under their profile pic
Some do, some don’t. But, the location in the title covers that, as well as not having to open the post just to discover the distance is too great. YMMV.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

TonyR wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:56 pm If everyone put their location under their profile pic
It was a requirement before. However, I may be living in Miami and be OK to sell or ship in dade only or anywhere in the state. Writing Miami under my profile pic isn’t going to help with that listing.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

Marc I hope you don't think I was taking a dig at you, I just simply stopped using the BST forum because it was just more hassle than it was worth. From a moderation standpoint all the titling did is complicate their job in my opinion and give some of them an extra tool in their belt if they want to take a jab at somebody on the site they don't like, because they see an I that wasn't dotted or T that wasn't crossed...I think I've used the BST forum 3 times since the new rules, and all 3 we're deleted because *something* didn't conform to the rules...and out of the 3 times, only one even messaged me. And when he did, he messaged me to tell me to fix it or it would be deleted, only to find out he deleted it anyway... :roll: that pretty much was the last straw for me. There are too many other places someone can BST without dealing with petty nonsense.

The best moderation in a BST forum is the free market...if somebody's ad sucks, lacks info, lacks pictures, doesn't have their location, etc , then they'll either have to spend their time responding to the same questions over and over, or not have any interest in their item.

This forum was always somewhat loosely moderated which was one of its biggest appeals to me. Putting more rules in place for the couple people who whine about not liking the title formatting (I mean, come on guys, really?) Seemed like over complicating a system that, quite frankly, worked perfectly fine for the many years I've been on FSN.

But, at the end of the day, like I said, I just B/S/T elsewhere. I only even chimed in because someone brought it up.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I like having the price, location and FTF or "will ship" in the title. I don't care one way or another if the brackets or parentheses are used as long as the basic info is there, but I agree that it's much easier to scan the page if everything is in a similar format
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Legio, thanks for all you do!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Outgunu wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 am Legio, thanks for all you do!
^^^^ AGREED! I know it's a fairly unappreciated job. Thanks for your time and dedication!!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)