Armslist squeezing pennies

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Deputydave

Armslist squeezing pennies

Post by Deputydave »

Hadn't browsed AL much lately. Ever since they went to a pay format to list I lost interest in them. I'd browse occasionally though and noticed that at least some would put in an email or contact number so folks didn't have to get ripped off my AL in order to buy a gun from someone. Well, I guess AL didn't like that very much. Took a look at AL today and you have to be logged in to view the description of the item. It's all fuzzed out if you're not logged in and of course to log in you have to pay the AL fee.

So bye-bye AL.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

I can see charging sellers to place listings, but requiring buyers to pay for the privilege of contacting sellers through their site is a deal breaker for me. Guess they caught on to the workaround of sellers listing their contact info in the ads.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Never bought anything there, but used to browse the listings occasionally. I guess those days are gone.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

You'll not be able to browse any more, other than the headline and photos. I agree with Odessaman, that one should not have to pay to reply to a paying advertiser. There are workarounds and I'm sure the advertisers will find them: email address in title; or, the classic address/email/phone on a card in the picture.

I'm done with them, though. Sick of the "buyers/sellers(?)" from Jacksonville or another state contacting me when I clearly state FTF in Pinellas.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.