I have COVID. What are the odds?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
George W

I have COVID. What are the odds?

Post by George W »

Last year, I went to the hospital for something unrelated to COVID. I took a COVID infection, and an antibody test. I tested negative for the virus, but positive for the antibodies. Early this year, I got the Pfizer vaccine. Last Friday, I developed a mild cough with an itchy throat. By Monday, it was a lot worse with a fever and body aches. I got tested on Tuesday, with the positive result told to me on Wednesday. That night and into yesterday, it felt like I had breathed in a bunch of fish hooks that got yanked on every time I'd cough. The chills made me feel like I was going to knock my own teeth out from shivering. Literally every point in my body where I have had an injury felt like it was on fire. The other joints felt like they hadn't moved in years from stiffness.

Yesterday, I got a round of Regeneron treatment. It is said that it should kick in within 48 hours. Lots of tylenol, musinex, water, nyquil have helped. Going outside in the heat/humidity hurts a lot. Sleeping for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time means a really harsh coughing fit will be on its' way. Talking while standing is a no no. What are the odds of being exposed enough to develop antibodies, being vaccinated, and still getting really sick from COVID? Of all the crappy stuff made in China, they made a virus that can do this?

I would still 100% get the vaccine again. I'm fairly sure that without the protections it gave, I'd be dead right now. If you haven't gotten it by now, please get it. With all of this said, I do not support vaccine or mask mandates of any kind.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

You take care and get well buddy. If you need anything let us know :)
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I had a similar experience. Had Covid July 2020. Extremely minor case. Negative on the test, but plenty of antibodies. Chills, 100-101 temps, but I could still smell, & taste. Zero troubles breathing. This past May took the J&J shot. Same symptoms the next day. Then last week again the chills, 100-101 temps, everything the same. 5 days later I’m fine. My doctor calls me Superman. GARY
tector

Post by tector »

Good luck to you, sir. I think eventually we are all getting this infection, one way or another.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:37 pm Good luck to you, sir. I think eventually we are all getting this infection, one way or another.
I've been saying this for over a year. We will all get it at some point. The way this shit is mutating though..... how many times will we all get a version of it?
tector

Post by tector »

George wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:15 pm
tector wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:37 pm Good luck to you, sir. I think eventually we are all getting this infection, one way or another.
I've been saying this for over a year. We will all get it at some point. The way this shit is mutating though..... how many times will we all get a version of it?
Those Chinese are clever fuckers--even got Fauci to get funding for the work.

I just got a pacemaker about 5 weeks ago--not looking forward to my turn(s).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

George wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:32 pm I would still 100% get the vaccine again. I'm fairly sure that without the protections it gave, I'd be dead right now. If you haven't gotten it by now, please get it.
I agree 100%
Got both my Pfizer shots last May and so far no ill effects, no shrunken testicles, no nanobots, not hearing Bill Gates in my head, not magnetized etc, etc, etc.
Hope you get well soon!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Sorry you got it, George. How old are you? Age plays a huge factor in this.
George W

Post by George W »

dammitgriff wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:08 am Sorry you got it, George. How old are you? Age plays a huge factor in this.
49 years old.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Positive vibes George.......rest up.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?