Beretta is a POS, part II

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

dammitgriff wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:07 pm I agree and don’t blame you but don’t count them out yet.
Try a 92X instead. Built like a tank. Non-alloy frame. 3 pounds, empty.
It's interesting to compare the quality of older Berettas to the newer production ones. My friend has a 92fs that looks gorgeously finely made, and the ones I see at the dealer new look almost like Hi-Points.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

MSRP on the 92X is $1499.
How many Hi-Points can you buy with that?
gforester

Post by gforester »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:04 pm MSRP on the 92X is $1499.
How many Hi-Points can you buy with that?
About 6 or 7.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Thats a sweet beretta for sure.

Dunno though, maybe I'm weird. I actually prefer the Taurus 92's and the safety on the frame.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

NorincoKid wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:03 pm Thats a sweet beretta for sure.

Dunno though, maybe I'm weird. I actually prefer the Taurus 92's and the safety on the frame.
You know, I never noticed that the 92X picture above had a frame mounted "safety". It might just be a decocker tho.

Edited to add: Nope, the 92X Performance is a frame mounted safety. Hmmm. That's really nice!
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Beretta CS is just keeping up with their reputation of which I've never heard good things about, seems it's very common of them to reject most warranty claims. So this is no surprise.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

ss1 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 pm You know, I never noticed that the 92X picture above had a frame mounted "safety". It might just be a decocker tho.

Edited to add: Nope, the 92X Performance is a frame mounted safety. Hmmm. That's really nice!
Yeah, thats a big +1 for me.

Might have to start saving my pennies for one.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I transitioned from 1911's to the Beretta in '91 when we returned from Northern Iraq the first time. Hated them then, have even less love for them now. I do have a Taurus PT92 that is built like a tank and has a frame mounted safety that I tolerate, but probably only because I got it for free :oops: I have big paws, and still found the Beretta's to be less than comfortable.

We did have an issue with a Beretta Neos .22LR 15 years ago where we couldn't disassemble it, it was locked up as tight as they get, but the factory did take care of it. I freely admit that it is one ugly pistol, but it does eat everything I've thrown through it.

Sorry to hear about your problems with their warranty, that definitely makes the suck-o-meter peg out.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I have no problem with Beretta I just think people need to take ownership and when it comes to guns people learn an expensive lesson I mean Google the F&^% out of the gun and you will see what people have done to it so you don't. I feel for you as a gun owner but I just Google Tomcat and you will see the problems people have with it. I just did a few searches on the internet and even with the right ammo it's still a POS gun and to stay away from it even with the right ammo frames still crack.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

lakelandman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm I have no problem with Beretta I just think people need to take ownership and when it comes to guns people learn an expensive lesson I mean Google the F&^% out of the gun and you will see what people have done to it so you don't. I feel for you as a gun owner but I just Google Tomcat and you will see the problems people have with it. I just did a few searches on the internet and even with the right ammo it's still a POS gun and to stay away from it even with the right ammo frames still crack.
I have a problem with a company that doesn't take ownership of a POS and treat the customer right along with keeping a gun in their line up with such known issues.

Beretta really doesn't make anything I want outside of shotguns maybe.