Beretta is a POS, part II

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

SteyrAUG wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:54 pm
Augdawg wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 am It's a shame this happened. The Gun Store that sold the ammo along with the Gun should bear some responsibility. When I worked in the business, it was part of our job to know the characteristics of the weapons we sold including if it could use or not use certain ammo. I believe S&B ammo is not SAAMI rated ammo and tends to be a bit hotter. With that being said, I use S&B ammo in a lot of my firearms and never had a problem. Also, Beretta should own up to the problem and offer a better solution.
And that is why I decided I won't be selling any more Beretta's. I don't make the gun, I don't make the ammo and on a sale like that I probably earn maybe $30 but you seriously want me to accept some level of responsibility? I've been selling Beretta's for 20+ years, including to LE and this is the first time I've learned that their .32 handgun isn't rated for some brand of ammo that is 40 ft.lbs higher than the rest.

If I was an ammo manufacturer I can see where I'd be expected to know that. If I were the firearm manufacturer I can see where I'd be expected to know that. But seriously 90% of gun shops probably can't tell you if your particular brand of AR rifle is actually 5.56mm or .223 and most don't know there is a difference. I'm a little bit ahead of the curve by knowing that much at least and how to tell the difference.

But no way I'm going to assume any level of liability for something I don't make myself or have any control over the QC practices of the manufacturer, especially for a $30 profit. I can burn fries for two hours at McDonalds and earn $30 for zero risk.

And if the manufacturer isn't gonna stand behind the product THEY made then it's insane to assume a retail seller is going to take up the slack. What am I supposed to do? Buy it back? Then what, Beretta isn't gonna tell me to send it in and they will send me a new one and I sure as hell don't want to be the one stuck with it.

All I can do is stop selling firearms the manufacturer won't stand behind, and Beretta just went on the list. There is a LOT of crap I don't sell because the manufacturer won't support it or the quality is so Z grade I don't want to waste all my time on returns even if the manufacturer does warranty it.
I understand why as a gun store owner you wouldn't want to handle the warranty side of things; but do you think Beretta would take this more seriously if it came from a FFL instead of end consumer?

still not a word back from them...
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

armedpolak wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:07 pm Thank you for the screenshot, posting to other gun forums.
share links where you posted it please
Posted your original thread to Levergun Scoundrels, Marlin Owners, Southeast Traders and Gunsite South Africa via Tapatalk.

Probably no chance of a Beretta employee seeing it in any of those places, but at least it’ll inform some others.

R/Griff