Beretta is a POS, part II

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

armedpolak wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:05 pm
SteyrAUG wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:03 pm Correction noted, but my point remains. And a .32 that can't eat standard .32 ammo is even more pathetic.
+1

I was told to put the information on Facebook, apparently gun companies react to that more in favor of the consumer...
I would, what are they gonna do...not fix your gun? They are already doing NOTHING for you.

I've seen some ultra compact pocket .32s, the fact that a Beretta of that size can't manage a heavier round because it creates more pressure is just bad design. I could understand one breaking if loaded with +P ammunition, but a difference of 40 ft.lbs is sorta a joke.

Beretta is a European company that SHOULD know better. Any idea how many proof houses in Europe and how seriously this kind of thing is taken. It is why HK took so long to develop a compact 9mm and it required the P7 design to achieve it because they weren't going to develop some half ass pocket gun that destroys itself.

If this were a lorcin, jennings or the like it would be different. But not only does Beretta consider themselves a premium firearm manufacturer, they like to believe they are THE premium firearm manufacturer. And even though it has a lot of trigger creep, I still love my 92G and M9 for what they are. The slide action glides like it's on bearings. But making a defensive handgun of this poor quality is simply unacceptable. How can I trust anything at this point.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

It's a shame this happened. The Gun Store that sold the ammo along with the Gun should bear some responsibility. When I worked in the business, it was part of our job to know the characteristics of the weapons we sold including if it could use or not use certain ammo. I believe S&B ammo is not SAAMI rated ammo and tends to be a bit hotter. With that being said, I use S&B ammo in a lot of my firearms and never had a problem. Also, Beretta should own up to the problem and offer a better solution.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Augdawg wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 am It's a shame this happened. The Gun Store that sold the ammo along with the Gun should bear some responsibility. When I worked in the business, it was part of our job to know the characteristics of the weapons we sold including if it could use or not use certain ammo. I believe S&B ammo is not SAAMI rated ammo and tends to be a bit hotter. With that being said, I use S&B ammo in a lot of my firearms and never had a problem. Also, Beretta should own up to the problem and offer a better solution.
that's the thing that annoys me about ammo and spec: if it's SOLD as 32 ACP, they WTF is it NOT RATED as 32 ACP?!?!? You dont see 44 Magnum worth of powder crammed into a 9mm and still call it a f'ing 9mm. WTH S&B?

And don't even get me started on the gun store... this happened the day after I purchased the gun brand new, I called them first as I exited the range, and they wanted nothing to do with it and assured me Beretta would make it right. What a joke.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Well for whatever it’s worth I put it on my Facebook and Twitter pages. I have a fairly large following due to my programming blog ( https://vorbrodt.blog/ ) so maybe they’ll take it seriously if they find I tagged them.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Thank you for the screenshot, posting to other gun forums.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:07 pm Thank you for the screenshot, posting to other gun forums.
oh boy... you can also post links to this thread (in 1st post of this thread I linked to the original thread from a month ago with more info)
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Haha, that's a great way to do it.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:07 pm Thank you for the screenshot, posting to other gun forums.
share links where you posted it please
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Augdawg wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 am It's a shame this happened. The Gun Store that sold the ammo along with the Gun should bear some responsibility. When I worked in the business, it was part of our job to know the characteristics of the weapons we sold including if it could use or not use certain ammo. I believe S&B ammo is not SAAMI rated ammo and tends to be a bit hotter. With that being said, I use S&B ammo in a lot of my firearms and never had a problem. Also, Beretta should own up to the problem and offer a better solution.
And that is why I decided I won't be selling any more Beretta's. I don't make the gun, I don't make the ammo and on a sale like that I probably earn maybe $30 but you seriously want me to accept some level of responsibility? I've been selling Beretta's for 20+ years, including to LE and this is the first time I've learned that their .32 handgun isn't rated for some brand of ammo that is 40 ft.lbs higher than the rest.

If I was an ammo manufacturer I can see where I'd be expected to know that. If I were the firearm manufacturer I can see where I'd be expected to know that. But seriously 90% of gun shops probably can't tell you if your particular brand of AR rifle is actually 5.56mm or .223 and most don't know there is a difference. I'm a little bit ahead of the curve by knowing that much at least and how to tell the difference.

But no way I'm going to assume any level of liability for something I don't make myself or have any control over the QC practices of the manufacturer, especially for a $30 profit. I can burn fries for two hours at McDonalds and earn $30 for zero risk.

And if the manufacturer isn't gonna stand behind the product THEY made then it's insane to assume a retail seller is going to take up the slack. What am I supposed to do? Buy it back? Then what, Beretta isn't gonna tell me to send it in and they will send me a new one and I sure as hell don't want to be the one stuck with it.

All I can do is stop selling firearms the manufacturer won't stand behind, and Beretta just went on the list. There is a LOT of crap I don't sell because the manufacturer won't support it or the quality is so Z grade I don't want to waste all my time on returns even if the manufacturer does warranty it.
Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

I applaud you for knowing the product you sell. Being a FFL is a tough business to be in today. A lot of the Gun Stores sell items and not know the item or characteristics of what they are selling. Seecamps came with warnings with what ammo to use. Glock had warnings about using lead bullets in their firearms. If a manufacturer will not warrant their firearm because it used the wrong ammo, who is responsible? The consumer, the manufacturer, the ammo maker, the store? Anyone of them depending the circumstance. To limit your vulnerability, it's important to know what you are selling? If not, you probably will not be in business very long and if someone gets hurt, you will probably get sued.