Beretta is a POS, part II

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Damn that sucks. Sorry to see that OP

So is it a paperweight now?

I still think maybe someone could carefully tig that back together. But who knows how it would hold up.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

NorincoKid wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:00 am Damn that sucks. Sorry to see that OP

I still think maybe someone could carefully tig that back together. But who knows how it would hold up.
I mean it shoots but I dont trust it to no blowup in my hands now :shock:

was thinking of stripping the frame entirely and reattaching the peace using JB weld; I have a metal reinforced version of JB that I used on a motorcycle crank case cover and it's holding up good...
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

armedpolak wrote:
NorincoKid wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:00 am Damn that sucks. Sorry to see that OP

I mean it shoots but I dont trust it to no blowup in my hands now :shock:

was thinking of stripping the frame entirely and reattaching the peace using JB weld; I have a metal reinforced version of JB that I used on a motorcycle crank case cover and it's holding up good...
Yeah, that just pisses me off the most, now I wish you would take that pistol on a tour around all the Beretta fanboy stores and show every customer what a stellar piece of crap it turned out to be.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Waste of time and effort. Every fanboy/girl/it will have a snappy answer about the instructions and the ammo. And, you won't be able to talk them out of it. In my view it's a POS if it's made in a particular caliber and can't shoot a factory load without coming apart. Clever to have the "warning" in the book, which you didn't see before buying it.

Of course, you could have bought a PPK, in which that round would be "...like a brick through a plate glass window." :D Couldn't resist.

Just don't hurt yourself.

Adding. Have a look at ballisticsbytheinch.com. They have ballistics charts by caliber. If you've not used them before, the calibers are by the side. Click on caliber. You'll see velocity and length tables. Near the top left of the tables is a muzzle energy by barrel length chart. You said the S&B was, iirc 173 ftlbs out of a 4" barrel. While they don't have that load, a core bon is close, looks more like 180 or so, with a 60gr which likely is a higher velocity. I don't know the barrel length of your pistol, but it looks roughly 2 1/2", is that reasonably correct? Following that line back to 2 1/2", it looks close to 130 ft lbs. Even if off a bit, it certainly is not 170, on which Beretta is basing your "brush-off." I suspect you are so close to the 130, one would expect enough of a cushion so only a garbage product would fail. Of course, all this goes down the drain if your barrel approaches 4", at which point it would achieve the higher figure. But, ot really doesn't look like you were much above 130.
Last edited by REDinFL on Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
photohause

Post by photohause »

They should make good on your purchase, then add another warning roll mark on the gun...maybe inside the barrel.......
Last edited by photohause on Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

photohause wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:44 pm They should make good on you purchase, then add another warning roll mark on the gun...maybe inside the barrel.......
I was hoping they would make it right despite the fact I used ammo without checking it's muzzle energy; I just assumed factory off the shelf would be good...
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

armedpolak wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm
photohause wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:44 pm They should make good on you purchase, then add another warning roll mark on the gun...maybe inside the barrel.......
I was hoping they would make it right despite the fact I used ammo without checking it's muzzle energy; I just assumed factory off the shelf would be good...
See my comment above. I just added remarks to suggest you might not have been that far away from the specified figure in the manual.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

REDinFL wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm
armedpolak wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm
See my comment above. I just added remarks to suggest you might not have been that far away from the specified figure in the manual.
thanks I'll check it out; standard barrel is 2.4 inches but mine has little more to accommodate threading on a suppressor, so I would say 2.75 inch or so...
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Then I'll guess you will be above the 130, but still not 173.

Have a look at this https://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/201 ... llier.html. They tested that round in a Kel Tec.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Make your own video. They will actively try and kiss your ass with another gun and more gifts to try and please you then.