Haitians freed on a ‘very, very large scale’ in recent days rather than deported, according to US official

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
flcracker

Haitians freed on a ‘very, very large scale’ in recent days rather than deported, according to US official

Post by flcracker »

You know that when The Guardian openly criticizes a Dimocrat administration, things are much worse behind the curtain.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ico-border
Many Haitian migrants in Del Rio are being released in the United States, according to two US officials, undercutting the Biden administration’s public statements that the thousands in the camp faced immediate expulsion to Haiti.

Haitians have been freed on a “very, very large scale” in recent days, one official said Tuesday. The official, who was not authorized to discuss the matter and thus spoke on condition of anonymity, put the figure in the thousands.

Many have been released with notices to appear at an immigration office within 60 days, an outcome that requires less processing time from Border Patrol agents than ordering an appearance in immigration court and points to the speed at which authorities are moving.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
joel

Post by joel »

OK, we want 100% legal and vetted immigrants in this nation.
(having said that...) Given the choice between Afghan "families" or Haitian "families"
I'll go with the Haitians.

The Afghans, I suspect, will all be on welfare, be radical and outspoken. Have multiple children with a wife or "cousin"

Where, in my experience, the Haitian family will assimilate, work two or three jobs, save their money, buy a house, and send their kids to College (all within 1 generation)

My 2-cents. Haitians come here broke "35 cents shy of a quarter" broke, but are willing to work hard. They come to America, look around and say "WOW!!" at the opportunities. They bust their butts, discipline their kids, clean their yards, maintain their homes, are faithful workers, and even sometimes own their own business after a few years. Their kids are spanked when they misbehave, and these kids end up graduating near the top of their class.

NO, I am NOT Haitian, nor are any of my family Haitian..... I just live in South Flaaaaawrida and see their successes (as opposed to others groups who complain and masquerade as victims... decade after decade)
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Agreed. My beef isn't about one demographic vs. another. It's more about our .gov not having a fawking clue about how to properly handle this and other major crises, then bald-faced lying about what they are doing.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
tector

Post by tector »

A lot of Haitian immigrants are good people. However, on the whole, they are largely Democratic voters. I haven't seen any stats on this, but I would say at least 75%, perhaps quite a bit higher (the gay and trans mania of the Dems turn off some of the more religious ones). Accordingly Democrats would love to flood Florida with as many Haitians as they can get away with. And let's face it--most of these immigrants will wind up here eventually. There are already over a half million here already, so they have family and friends here; the climate is most similar to their home; and the local governments are the most welcoming (e.g., a lot of things, such as ballots, are offered in Creole). That is the bigger picture here.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

At least Big Sugar will be set for cane cutters. 🙄