Australia continues to squash personal freedom

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Odessaman

Australia continues to squash personal freedom

Post by Odessaman »

Keep an eye on Australia - you know the progressives are. I used to think the Aussies were kindred spirits when it comes to personal freedom - and just look what happened to their gun rights.
The government of South Australia has implemented a new policy requiring Australians to use an app with facial recognition software and geolocation to prove that they are abiding by a 14-day quarantine for travel within the country.
. . .
The app uses geolocation and facial recognition software to track those in quarantine. The app will contact people at random, asking them to provide proof of their location within 15 minutes.

"We don't tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes," Marshall said.

If the resident cannot verify his or her location or identity when requested, the South Australia Health Department will notify the police, who will then conduct an in-person check on the person in quarantine. Marshall said the government will not be storing any of the information provided to the app.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/au ... uxbndlbing

This is simply house arrest without any sort of conviction. What will it take for people to draw their red line in the sand?
TACC

Post by TACC »

I saw this today also, and thought if this is true, it should be a very short time to light the keg.

The problem is most of them gave up their weapons which will make it more difficult for the citizens to make a stand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chigger

Post by Chigger »

I imagine just like any country, gov't mandated threats like these are meant as a deterrent to the general population without any real way to enforce mass protests.

Hell Chicago can't even curb 15/20 shootings every weekend just about, they couldn't do nothing to stop the capital rush in January.
There is just not enough law enforcement. Gov't depends on the GOOD WILL of the people to behave.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Odessaman wrote:Keep an eye on Australia - you know the progressives are. I used to think the Aussies were kindred spirits when it comes to personal freedom - and just look what happened to their gun rights.

This is simply house arrest without any sort of conviction. What will it take for people to draw their red line in the sand?
Guns in the hands of their citizens. Let’s learn from their mistake and hang on to ours for dear life.

tector

Post by tector »

An initial gene pool of arch criminals and hardcore deadbeats has devolved to a totally pussy nation. Frightening.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

tector wrote:An initial gene pool of arch criminals and hardcore deadbeats has devolved to a totally pussy nation. Frightening.
Meme time!

Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

tector wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:31 pm An initial gene pool of arch criminals and hardcore deadbeats has devolved to a totally pussy nation. Frightening.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

Seems some folks think this is a joking matter...That is their loss as they will be the ones crying later saying what happened? Why didn't someone protect me????I am personally looking for the day the Aussies are fed up and the true revolt happens...There are a ton in their military that hopefully will stand with the people...Hopefully at least some of the LEOs will also...

Those political hacks that believe they are like the trash we have in DC (believe they are the ruling class and above the rest) will find they are not protected when the shit truely hits the fan...

Maybe (not holding my breath) the trash in DC as well as state/county/city levels) will take note when crooked politicians start to be found with their throats cut, dragged to death behind trucks, punished in ways they falsely think could never happen...they might possibly rethink their actions...As I said,,,I am not holding my breath as I have seen to many years of them showing that they believe they are "the ruling class". Dictators always fall, some sooner than others...most all suffer badly which is fine by me...This old jarhead is fed the hell up. I wish I knew 5,000 more than were the same.
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Semper Fi brother !

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

A good Marine does what he’s told, and right now the military’s overlords at the Pentagon are ordering all service members — current and past — to STFU with their criticisms of their chain of command and especially their Commander in Chief.
I find it appalling that our apathy for what the politicians are doing in D.C. have emboldened the “defenders of our freedom” to ignore their oaths to uphold it and instead back every move to restrict it. The doctrine of indoctrination has succeeded and here we are, following the rest of the failed and failing nations into tyranny and obsolescence, almost as if by script.